Shoulder strap length question

I’m excited that I’m starting to make visible progress on my ANH armor! I went with the torso first, and now I’m wondering if I should trim the shoulder straps in the rear. Due to my small frame, there isn’t really any gap between the back and chest armor at the shoulders. The CRL says the rear tab is optional for basic, and silent for EIB and Centurion. I assume it’s talking about the last slightly larger bump at the rear of the plastic straps? They hit the O ll box:

oIzdhoT.jpg

There are a few things I’d do a little differently, and trimming the bottom of the back armor is probably one of them. The only thing I’ve trimmed so far is the cod plate. I didn’t pay attention to the contours where it lines up with the kidney armor, and I hope the belt hides it.

I have all my pics in this album:
http://imgur.com/a/a5TD8u3

It’s just an album with no commentary, sorry! I have been meaning to start a detailed build thread but just haven’t had the time.  Updating now.

Okay, cool. In that case, I’d suggest taking the suggested pics and adding them to your WIP thread. From more angles we should be able to offer a bit of trimming or repositioning advice. I see that Cricket is watching your thread so you’re in good hands. :-)