Have a Bluetooth question!!!

Ok, so this is probably really simple and im way over thinking this, but maybe someone with this setup can help me. I want to run a Bluetooth headphone system to my hearing assist, and a Bluetooth mic for my Troopertalk/Aker 1506. My question is simply, can I do this? Can I put a transmitter on the hearing assist, and a receiver on the amp, and be able to operate them without those systems trying to talk to each other? if I only pair the headphones to the Transmitter, and the mic to the receiver I should be good right?

2 hours ago, wook1138 said:

My experience with Bluetooth is that the latency is just too great for this sort of application.  Maybe I buy crappy electronics - I don't know. 

so what is your setup if you dont mind me asking. The speakers arent bad for the hearing device just arent as good as headphones. and the mic i would really like to not have a cord running down my neck

40 minutes ago, Commander Gree said:

so what is your setup if you dont mind me asking. The speakers arent bad for the hearing device just arent as good as headphones. and the mic i would really like to not have a cord running down my neck

I don't have a hearing assist system but I do use troopertalk with an aker amp (1505).  I use a wireless mic, but it is just regular RF.  RF doesn't seem to have the latency issue.  However, I have other issues that I haven't worked out yet with the wireless mic (completely lose pick-up for a bit and then it magically comes back - I haven't played around with Troopertalk lately to figure it out - but I think I need to tweak the volume on the mic itself in addition to fine tuning Troopertalk ).  I haven't done all the tweaks in troopertalk or sound dampen my bucket to reduce feedback yet - another project for another day.

Yeah, that cord running down the neck is annoying.  I've tried to wear the headset - it just doesn't fit in mybucket - assuming I want my head in there too.  So I had to mount the mic in the bucket and fight with the cord every time I took it off.

I use a wireless mic with the icomm and use a wireless Bluetooth adapter by MPOW I got off eBay for my hearing assist. That plugs into my hearing assist which send a signal to some small Bluetooth ear pieces (from eBay) which tend to “kinda” stay put under my Balaclava (think I spelled that right, not sure, it autocorrected it). I’m not sure what the wireless mic is but I tuck the mic in under the Balaclava (again autocorrected but we all know what I mean) it sometimes stays but I have issues when I put the helmet on, it sometimes moves, which I had the same issues with the wired headset so it must be my head. I found there is a small lag in the talking part but if your mic is close enough you don’t have to talk loud there for nobody hears your actual voice. As for the hearing assist, I’ve tried motorcycle speakers and had nothing but feedback, the in ear wires headphone and the wires kept falling out. Then moved to the Bluetooth and it helped.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

54 minutes ago, Frank75139 said:

I use a wireless mic with the icomm and use a wireless Bluetooth adapter by MPOW I got off eBay for my hearing assist. That plugs into my hearing assist which send a signal to some small Bluetooth ear pieces (from eBay) which tend to “kinda” stay put under my baklava (think I spelled that right, not sure, it autocorrected it). I’m not sure what the wireless mic is but I tuck the mic in under the baklava (again autocorrected but we all know what I mean) it sometimes stays but I have issues when I put the helmet on, it sometimes moves, which I had the same issues with the wired headset so it must be my head. I found there is a small lag in the talking part but if your mic is close enough you don’t have to talk loud there for nobody hears your actual voice. As for the hearing assist, I’ve tried motorcycle speakers and had nothing but feedback, the in ear wires headphone and the wires kept falling out. Then moved to the Bluetooth and it helped.

lol.  Balaclava.  It is a staple of any person's wardrobe in central Canada. :)  Baklava is concentrated sugar and phyllo pastry - it gives me heart burn.

lol.  Balaclava.  It is a staple of any person's wardrobe in central Canada.   Baklava is concentrated sugar and phyllo pastry - it gives me heart burn.

Honestly I usually look it up before writing it but I was just too tired and didn’t want to loose my train of thought on the whole thing.

• Like 1