ID21422  - Jared - stepchild24
ID13310 - Liz - Liz
TB20074 - Wayne - Whereswa11y
TD84000 - Kevin - DARTH TROOPER

WRANGLER:
Em

FRIENDS:
Rebel Legion

REPORT: Well I don't know who was the most excited when the news came through, us or Tash our local Disney representative here in Western Australia (I think it was Tash), being on the opposite side of Australia without a Disney office here we don't see very many Disney events, so when the news of a movie premiere for SOLO was to be held here we where over the moon. Unfortunately limited to only 10 tickets (which was expanded to 12) we had troopers signing up for the event as fast as they could.

The big day arrived, Liz and myself arriving at the cinema change area a few minutes before the due time to seeing a sight not often seen at troops, most if not all of our troopers already kitting up, we where amazed, excited anyone ;). Anyway only takes me 5 minutes to kit up on an OT TK so I soon joined in, Liz a little later so she could keep cool until needing to put on that thick officer coat.

Ben realising he had forgotten his glasses in his imperial transport and he needed them to watch the movie, we decided to retrieve them, while in costume to the delight of some patrons entering the local Sizzler restaurant next to the cinema. Glasses in hand, no he didn't drop them, or miss them, we headed back to the change area without incident.

Time for a pre troop briefing from Tash and nothing really different from the Disney normal requirements, although blasters where permitted, when asked Tash replied "if they can have them at SOLO in Cannes then we can have them too, besides it's more fun don't you think", we also received a SOLO promo pack each from Disney for our pre movie trooping, hat, bag and limited pin which we where delighted about, but just getting a ticket to see the screening of the movie a week a head of most in Australia was already enough for us.

We proceeded to the SOLO staging area at @ 5.45, Tash selecting troopers to be in certain positions, we also had a few group photos before the patrons arrived. The four of us clean TK's asked to man an area closer to the cinema doors, a photo opportunity area which also bottle necked so didn't take us long to decide we would hold people up by checking their lanyard passes, if you didn't have one you didn't get through the imperial barricade. Intimidating patrons who tried taking photos without asking, making them wear their lanyards not just carrying them met with lots of laughter, most patrons getting into the atmosphere of the evening.

We also had a pesky Tusken trying to cut in through the line without a pass, he was abruptly removed while he was yelling in some strange voice, he appeared once again later with a pass and proceeded to rub it in our faces while walking through the blockade, man those Tuskens are just rude.

6.30 and Tash was happy most patrons where lined up that she cleared us to kit down and get ready for the movie. Didn't take most of us very long, toilet breaks, treats purchased and phones packed away as they where not being permitted to enter the cinema, we headed inside to our reserved seating, man that felt good. Cans of drink and popcorn already supplied which was an extra bonus to the night.

A short talk from Tash before the movie, a thank you to both the RL and ourselves with a massive applause from the audience, our logos also on the screen, made us feel very welcome. Then everyone was told to look under their seats, one lucky patron who found a note under her seat, was to receive some artwork from Mark Raatz, who was sitting the seat behind us.

On with the show AND, no I'll not spoil it, was ok I spose, no really it was more than OK, you gotta see it.

Movie ended and time to head back to the change area for a quick chat on who liked the movie, most seemed to, although only one part I had to question, I won't spoil that now.

Then time to grab our bags, say our thanks and farewell to Tash, both of us receiving a big hug and thanks from her and asking us to pass on her thanks to all that attended in costume. We will be seeing her again next Wednesday evening for the midnight launch of SOLO back at Event Cinema Innaloo.

I've probably left some bits out but after only have 3 hours sleep I'm not surprised, was worth it though.

INJURIES: None that I was aware

CASUALTIES: None that I was aware

ARMOR REPAIRS: None that I was aware

HAPPY PEOPLE: Everyone

UNHAPPY PEOPLE: None that I was aware

MISSION STATUS: Complete

REPORT BY: TK85421

A few photos for now, more posted when available.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I’ve said it before, and will continue to say it - you are a Trooping machine mate!
Thanks for sharing these photos - cheers!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro