Tube stripes - ANH Stunt - Dave M style

Hi all.

Rather than me posting on specific threads, I thought I’d make a post about the correct use of the “Dave M” style decals/templates for ANH Stunt lids. If it is deemed worthy, perhaps it could become a sticky. I will then try my best not to mention it on individual posts (as the last thing I want to do is upset anyone).

As the name “Tube Stripe Police” was bestowed upon me, I feel it’s my duty to try and spread he work to keep up the high standards of TK screen accuracy. I hope I have not become a nuisance by flagging it.

So, here are some shots of the Set for Stun, or “Dave M” helmet from ANH. These pictures are from the excellent website www.starwarshelmets.com

b70d4b7bec0ba4a3688a28e6b2e22af2.jpg

1cb11462177e4c9f23a11010be581ab1.jpg

02cd1bdd85882556dba3343df0d01c19.jpg

My interpretation of these stripes are that they were intended to look like vents on a curved surface. When viewed from straight on they should naturally curve with the tube.

Here are some shots that I put together (using my old SDS lid, hand painted stripes using Dave M style templates/stencils from Mike at Trooperbay).

00f0ac697c8967055fb7aba010225645.jpg

f9fed45a995f8d8e9b6ecfc0aec10234.jpg

5356247a11dfe5c6a33e32eccc2c8ffd.jpg

For obvious reasons, I won’t show pictures of those that have been applied the other way around as they are not mine to share and I don’t want to alienate anyone. Should anyone wish to share, please feel free.

I hope that all makes sense.

Any comments of suggestions to improve this thread, please let me know.

Kind regards,

Dan

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 3