Blaster Master E-11 build.

Sprocket

Posted Thursday at 03:36 PM

Uber E-11 blaster and electronics unboxing. 

hVoFjYN.jpg7GCxsCg.jpgro4Svnt.jpgJxqHHfL.jpg

I've been sanding and gluing and it’s starting to really come together…and apart. I highly recommend this piece for anyone who wants a great blaster. 

That being said, nothing is perfect. I ran into a problem with the folding stock build.  I came up with modification/repair and submitted it to Ray Hebert, designer and builder of the kit, and Ray loves it. 

Ray asked me to share this fix/upgrade. 

The one problem I couldn’t fix was the folding stock plunger and catch. It went together fine but after sitting for a bit the catch piece broke off. I couldn’t get it back together and ended up breaking the plunger a couple of times trying. So here’s my solution. Pictures in the link. 

FSpIYmw.jpg

I cut a 5/16” bolt head and threads off so only the shoulder was left. Using a drill press I drilled a hole through it and tapped threads into it to match the machine screw thread I had on hand. Then I cut the notch into the end farthest from the hole and 90° to the hole, the same as the original part. I filed all the cut surfaces to deburr and smooth it out. 

The screw head is just wide enough to go into the barrel hole and slide into the locked position. If I ever need to pull it apart to adjust the spring or do any maintenance it’s very easy. 

NOTE: A little rtv on the threads will keep it secured but not permanently fixed in. 

Congratulation on the Kit!

This was my first Blaster build.

Good Idea with the screw solution for the folding stock.

As an suggestion; you can add a little more detail to the Blaster master Kit when using most of the parts from the Kit T-Jay is offering.

Just ask T-Jay to offer you a kit with the parts you need, than he can make you an offer.

https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/28444-fs-completion-sets-for-e-11-resin-kits-with-worldwide-tracked-shipping-and-paypal/

Edited by Ryuk
spelling, sorry for my bad english
  • Like 2