My first build

@Sprocket You're getting close! To be perfectly frank, pushing a JediRobe suit to level 3, as you mentioned before, will be tough. A few things I'm noticing on your build that will prevent your basic approval, some more nitpicky than others. This is all assuming you're going for ANH stunt, although you've never expressly stated as much. I'll go from top to bottom :)  These should all be pretty simple fixes! I'm sure a local garrison member would be more than happy to look this all over in person and assist, as well.

-When kitted up, make sure your hair (glorious, by the way) is all tucked into the neckseal and down into your undersuit. We shouldn't be able to see any of it :smiley-sw013:

-The JediRobe shoulder bells just suck. No way around it. But to optimize them you could probably minimize the gap in the front (at the cost of the gap in the back).

--Your biceps are swiveled too far forward. There is a ridge on the bicep (facing backward in your pictures) that is supposed to line up with the ridge in center of the shoulder bell. This means that your forearms are also mislocated, as the cover strips are supposed to line up between the biceps and the forearms. You can see this in a screenshot a little later on.

-The elastic you have connecting the back and chest plates should be removed, as the white area under it needs to be seen. To keep the chest and back together (and to keep them in place in relation to the ab and the kindey), simply snap the chest to the ab and the back to the kidney. Let me know if you're not sure where to put the snaps and I can post a diagram or snap a picture of mine

-Your plastic belt corners are a little off. They should be cut at 90 degree angles, not rounded, as you can see in this handy dandy diagram courtesy of Billhag

oCimuGC.jpg

-Your dropboxes should line up directly with the edge of the plastic belt, so move them out a bit

-The holster is attached incorrectly. It should not have loops. Instead, the straps are hidden behind the belt and riveted like this

z4X7I2N.jpg

-Your thigh ammo belt is attached way too high. The rivet should be in the top corner of the ammo pack, as you can see in this screenshot. Also, it's hard to tell, but it looks like it might not have the rounded corner on the bottom (see the above diagram)

t6KRq6H.jpg

-This is more my OCD talking, but the flare at the bottom of the JediRobe shins bugs me to no end. It might be a dangerous proposition, but I would try to reshape it to make it smoother. 

Keep up the good work, and don't get discouraged that I gave you a bucket list of items to change! We've all been there, it's part of the process. Let me know if you have any questions, or if any of the above doesn't make sense!

Also, maybe a moderator (@Ripper_L maybe?) can move this to the build section, as I'm sure it would get more traffic there than it's getting here. 

Thanks Neb. This is an ANH Stunt build. I have addressed most of those issues but haven’t put pics up yet. Still have a couple things to do. The upper belt corners are cut to the angles and holster is riveted on, all to specs from the good people in the 501st. 

The thigh ammo belt is now rounded but I’m nervous about cutting the rivets out to lower it. I’m not happy with the belt where it is nor how it was made. The ends are much shorter than they should be but that’s how it came. 

That at big black strap is just what came with the kit, not even elastic. I’ve seen many with a much smaller strap and pics with the snap setup as you described. The strap would seem to allow the ab/kidney section to slide up inside the chest/back which makes sitting in regular chairs very easy and comfortable. To achieve this with them snapped would require a long enough strap to have it hang in place properly but slacken enough to overlap so the chest/back wouldn’t push up around my head…and my hair lol. (I’ll have to tuck that in better). I still might snap it. Right now I can actually drive my truck wearing it though. 

Those shoulder bells really look bad like that. I shortened the elastic shoulder straps and relocated the snaps forward to fix that. There’s a bit more gap behind but the front is really nice now. The biceps are really tight and need a little trimming to fit nicer on my arm. I’ve got the elastic straps all set up correctly with snaps so I just need to get the parts lined up properly when I wear it. Like the off kilter right shin in one pic or the left in another pic. I don’t think I can do anything about that flare though I’d likely destroy the pieces trying. I may replace them someday. 

To to be honest this has been both exciting and frustrating. I think I just have to accept that this kit is not going to be level 3. The parts are just not made for that level. It will be one I can wear proudly and will be able to perform as I want it to. Sitting, bending, up and down stairs, moving around and even driving are all doable in this kit…which I would expect from a ‘stunt’ version. 

Im going to fix up a couple more tings then get it on for more pics. 

I really appreciate all the feedback and direction. I’m hoping that I can be that helpful to someone someday. 

Edited by Sprocket
Spelling

• 1 month later...

Ok…did some fine tuning on part locations and stability, added foam inside calves and forearms, and did some home trooping. I also wore it to the local firewoks show in my town.  I went out the back way and hopped a fence, walked 1km to the park and really made a few people happy there. AND yes I hopped a fence in the armour. It’s a 3’ wooden fence so not terribly difficult. 

The next day I did some more touch ups and was wearing it around the house, played my guitars in it, cooked dinner (well…helped), and lounged around with my kids. Here’s a few pics from dinner day. 

NOTE: I don’t wear my detonator in the house and only have the blaster for some pics. Weapons free house.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/GQNwNTMnpWMnhNKc8

• Like 1