Pipe build confusion

TK32945 Waynocerous

Hi guys...I’m looking at my first blaster build and want to go down the pipe route rather than the full Doopys kit. I’ve been researching for a while now and thought I was ready to start gathering the various parts I needed to get started, until....I read a thread stating the use of 38.1mm pipe rather than the 40mm I thought was the standard? Clearly I need to research some more but have a few questions. Firstly which diameter pipe do the Doopys parts and  Tino’s finishing kit fit? I have seen that other parts are available from other members too, but again, I’m unsure whether these are suitable for a pipe build or just a Doopys full kit? It’s my first build but I want to make it fairly accurate with a view to another in future with sound/light etc once I’ve got the hang of it. Any help is appreciated...please forgive me if this seems a dumb enquiry but I’m a total noob! Please be gentle:)

You're going to struggle to find 38.1 (1.5") PVC in the UK, there might be some on eBay or you can go for aluminium, again on ebay.  The actual sterlings were 1.5", 40mm is just the closest metric option.

I'd assume the DD parts are for 1.5" as they are just a subset of their full kit. That said it wouldn't be overly hard to adjust, just hold some 100 grit paper on the pipe and rub the part until it fits the new radius.

I started a pipe build with some 40mm PVC from B&Q but once cut some holes I found the tube collapsed due to the internal tension of the material.  If you want to go that way try get a thicker wall, the stuff I had was about 1.5mm thick walls and I think was just drainage pipe, you want something more like 3-4mm.

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

I used a 38mm aluminium pipe from ebay and doner parts from a full E11 doopydoos kits (not pipe build kit as theses parts fit a 40mm pvc pipe), the Aluminium pipe is exactly the same diameter as my sterling and the doopydoos parts fit perfect! :D

Cheers Chris...yrs look awesome! I decided to scrap the pipe build in the end and just go with the Doopys for my first attempt. I’m sure even that will be challenging enough for me!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No worries, I started off making regular doopydoos, just take your time, superglue is great for sticking resin to resin

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

• Like 1