Have you made functional drop boxes?

I was trimming my drop boxes and this thought crossed my mind, “I wonder if anyone has made functional drop boxes.” Which was soon followed up with the question, “I wonder what stormtroopers would carry in them.” Hmmm.

So have you?

I thought it might be useful for carrying your ID or maybe some smaller playing cards for giving out at hospital/party troops.

-----------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

I intend to make mine functional (or give it a heck of a try). I was thinking ID, debit card, some cash in one, maybe cards I collect during a troop in the other. I have a couple of methods for keeping them closed bouncing around in my head.

• 2 weeks later...

I made mine functional with a white elastic strap for a handle and Velcro closure. I glued a white sock in the box to keep things quiet and in place. I thought I'd use them for keys or challenge coins, or whatever, but truthfully, I never use them. Once I'm kitted up, I can't see the boxes, and accessing them with gloves and my helmet on is not an option. I had pics but photobucket wiped them out.

I say go for it. It doesn't hurt to have it, as long as they are secure (not going to open or fall apart during a troop).

I did, but like 68Brick said, it haven't actually used them during a troop. It'd be really hard to get to them. Also, sadly they are slightly too small for trading cards, which is what I had intended to use them for. Details here: https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/42868-sha-shas-wtf-anh-stunt-build-complete/?tab=comments#comment-576083