Questions about buying an FO kit

ctbama

I've just started looking into different armors for an FOTK and I've kind of hit a road block. I thought I had settled with KB Props but so far, I'm not really impressed with them. They've either completely ignored my questions or just never respond. I've also had two of my garrison friends tell me that they had bad experiences with them. In KB's defense, I've also had a few garrison members tell me that they didn't have any problems with them too so I don't know what to believe. 

Has anyone else had any problems with them? Had any good experiences with them? Or any suggestions on other armor providers? I'm not interested in fiberglass kits. 

I saw a post on a social media from KB saying he was a bit swamped with messages so might be he missed yours?

MIMIC looks nice but I don’t think he’s shipped anything yet. I’ve been trying to keep an eye on this one my self. Though it’s also fibreglass so guess that’s out.

I was advised that anovos is currently one of the better choices but they have changed it a lot for the new, upcoming, release so no one really knows what they’re getting yet.

I have a KB Tie Pilot it came in 4 weeks no issues.

I also have a Mimic kit I've been waiting for 9 months on.

KB recently moved shops and it was quite the process to get moved over. I'm sure they are still finishing orders but from my experience it was good. I wasn't expect a kit in a day and I used I had a black abs kit so that helped.

They have had issues with white abs. You might be able to get a black kit and just paint it. You probably will anyway with the seam on the yoke and back connector. Look through the build posts on here. There is one that is pinned from Ruthar or something like that sorry if I'm buthering that it's early and I'm not fully awake.

Best of luck, either of the two choices imo are better than Anovos

I have no options for anything you want tomorrow, that's not how kits work unless you find someone giving up on a project or something comes up where they cant get started on something

51 minutes ago, heartstopper85 said:

I have a KB Tie Pilot it came in 4 weeks no issues.

I also have a Mimic kit I've been waiting for 9 months on.

KB recently moved shops and it was quite the process to get moved over. I'm sure they are still finishing orders but from my experience it was good. I wasn't expect a kit in a day and I used I had a black abs kit so that helped.

They have had issues with white abs. You might be able to get a black kit and just paint it. You probably will anyway with the seam on the yoke and back connector. Look through the build posts on here. There is one that is pinned from Ruthar or something like that sorry if I'm buthering that it's early and I'm not fully awake.

Best of luck, either of the two choices imo are better than Anovos

I have no options for anything you want tomorrow, that's not how kits work unless you find someone giving up on a project or something comes up where they cant get started on something

Oh good! That makes me feel better. It's been almost a year since my friend dealt with them so things could've changed, especially with the new shop, I just wanted to see if anyone had more recent transactions and if those were better than the ones my friend had. 

Oh no, I don't want anything that I could get and have delivered tomorrow. I just heard from a Garrison member that their armor was promised by KB in a few weeks and it took them almost a year and a half to get it to them and when they did get it, it had two left shin plates and no visor. I've been burned by things like that before on a Seventh Sister costume (armor was promise as ready to ship when I bought it but took a month to ship out and a helmet was promised in 3 months and it took six. Both we're only shipped out when I threatened to get my money back) so I'm just wary of any provider that has issues like that.

Thanks for the help!