Any recommendations on a TFA kit for short and fluffy people?

TK1325

I know Anovos is the only official maker of TFA, but I'm only 5'4" and really want to do a TFA kit before The Last Jedi.

I know there are makers like KB and jimmiroquai but has anyone outside their recommended height/weight tried to assemble a TFA Kit?

Thanks!

From what I have seen from Jim and KB's kits they are for the slightly bigger trooper, I would suggest Anovos to be your best bet for size. Like all armor for the heightwardly challenged there would be some modifications needed. Be quite easy to trim leg pieces, ab has some room to move, arms would allow a little trimming.

Lots of images of the Anovos kits available to see exactly where you would need to modify.

Good luck what ever you decide.

One of my garrison's TFA troopers is fairly short - something like 5'7". He wears a Jimmi kit. Furthermore, as I understand it Jim himself is on the shorter side, and he sculpted his kit to fit his proportions (short and relatively thick). So as long as you are comfortable working with his flexible fiberglass (which is very different from working with ABS plastic) and don't mind the additional weight of fiberglass, I would look into that.

Also, Jim has a pretty fast turnaround time. Unlike Anovos, you would actually get it prior to the TLJ premiere. I believe he even offers the option of a TLJ-specific helmet.

Jim's kit is great for modding. The flexible fibreglass cuts beautifully!

You have an inch or so that you can trim/shape at the top of the thigh and a little around the bottom of the thigh. You just need to e careful to measure the space required for the holster so you don't cut too much.

The shins are also easily adaptable.

8 hours ago, TK1325 said:

Does anyone know what the KB armor is made of? I'm thinking of going that direction since they have a fast response time compared to Jim.

ABS plastic