Buying the right stuff

Hello,

as a new member to FISD, I am in the process of putting together my first TK Kit.  

My goal and intent is to get it right the first time.  Since I do not have a TK identification number yet, despite being a member of he 501st with an approved IOC kit/impression, I cannot assess and respond to all the forums.  

I have most of everything I need, however, as an example I cannot respond to order Centurion level rivets because I am not an approved TK...yet.   

When I fully assemble my trimmed AP ANH Stunt kit hopefully I can get it approved at Centurion level status.  

I am not sure if this is a technical glitch, or deliberate by design, but the ability to purchase the right stuff, the first time, would make things a lot easier.   If access and the ability to respond to some of these forums cannot be granted, then perhaps reposting the ones where noobs such as myself can access them with the ability to respond to order the things we need  from other FISD members (supporting FISD members instead of who knows) would be appreciated.

r/

Mike

Hi Michael,

Welcome to FISD and welcome to the awesomeness of trooping a TK. :)

Yep, you're doing it right! If you hope to obtain the Centurion level, the best way is to build for that from the start. As an FISD member, you should already have access to the Imperial Commissary / PX section of the forums where you can find supplies like rivets, belts, etc. If you can't, contact one of the Admins in the Tech Support area of the forum. That having been said, you don't have to acquire everything here. Acquiring screen-accurate, sew-on snaps, bifurcated rivets, chicago-screws, elastic, etc. are just a Google search away... once you know what you need.

So... do your research, start a build thread, measure twice, don't stress and have fun. We're here for any questions you have. :duim:

Cheers!

Welcome to the FISD, Michael!  The reason you can't respond on some threads is that you need 5 posts here on the FISD first... after that you should have no problem.  Also, since you have a 501st ID (you keep the same number for all your costumes) you should ask for 501st access here at the FISD.  You can do that here:  https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/16-501st-trooper-status-requests-include-link-to-your-501st-profile-in-your-request/

I am the one who sells the rivets (among other things), and if you should have any problems or questions just PM me.

Sounds like you are headed for Centurion, and if we can be of any help along the way be sure to ask!