RS Props (ANH, Stunt) build by Mr V

Mr V

From building my FX kit i learnt the following points;

1) Refer to forum.

2) Measure twice cut once

3) Dont use a strong glue that will melt your ABS.

4) Refer to forum.

I always start a project by making up some reference sheets i can easily carry around. Sheet 3 will be my helmet sheet (TBC).

36247157940_07e9576ab7_z.jpg

36474217682_028282d7b0_z.jpg

Edited by Mr V
Remove wording
  • Like 1

I will not be showing every edge i trim and not sure where to start so have started with some of the smaller pieces.

I love my wonky RS kit. I knew what to expect and it is more important to me to have something based on an original suit than a sanitized version (but i do like those also, just had to make a choice).

In terms of strapping i will be using snaps for durability. I am not convinced that brackets are a good long term trooping option.

Ab buttons were pretty straight forward. Gave the corners a bit of a sand mainly because everything else on the kit has rounded corners or edges.

36643166025_cf5659f175_z.jpgAb buttons by

From there i am contemplating the shoulder bells.  I think these measurements are correct.  But i will not be cutting these until the torso is complete as i want minimal black showing between the shoulder and chest.

36643165765_db0c5089fa_z.jpgIMG_5227 by

I've just done an RS build for a fellow member, I left a bit more on the shoulders to start off with, you can always trim off more later if you need too ;).

Good luck with the build

Unfortunately, you have already made a mistake by over trimming the button plates. There should be a border left on the main plate.
gallery_12157_16_7278.jpg

Yep what he said!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Unfortunately, you have already made a mistake by over trimming the button plates. There should be a border left on the main plate.

Yep what he said!

10 hours ago, Tolo said:

Yep what he said!

12 hours ago, troopermaster said:

I would have to argue based on screen caps from the film and our own CRL that the border is next to nothing? 

36656251345_6fd7cd3d61_z.jpgTK_anh_stunt_ab

On 8/19/2017 at 5:32 AM, troopermaster said:

------------

Yes i know that is an original but it is only one of 50 that were hand cut and assembled. The first image is from a Hero suit. The images you show here there is no consistent width, anywhere. Anyway if the image is in the CRL (and is listed as a completed CRL) then i would hope it will not affect my application??  

Edited by gmrhodes13
link removed no longer working

I don't believe it will affect your application. I have seen many people do the same thing as you, thinking the buttons should fit inside the box on the abdomen when they should fit over the box. The CRL's should be clearer so people don't keep making the same mistakes.

By the way, there are no differences on the armour between stunt and hero.

Edited by troopermaster

35 minutes ago, Sith Lord said:

I guess no clothes washing was done today?

Actually the washing was completed. Thats what gave me the peg idea ;)