Thigh help on anovos armor

I've noticed that the thigh armor is a little long on my test fit. Can i trim around the top of the thighs to make a better fit and if i do will it hinder my 501st approval? Also if i an trim i plan on starting small but where should the bottom of the thighs rest on my leg so i know when to stop? 

Also my biggest problem i am having is i have bigger thighs and the back don't connect for the cover strip, there's a gap about 1/2-1in apart? Any ideas?

http://s50.photobucket.com/user/grovelbegger1977/media/stormtrooper%20armor%20build/20170615_220345_001_zpszrbcu8bs.jpg.html?sort=3&o=2

Edited by MoJo1977
  • Like 1

Thighs can be trimmed at the top, you just want to follow the contour line of the armor so that the shape remains the same. I like to just be able to bend my leg at the knee without significant interference from the armor. You can also make cuts in the bottom back of thigh and top back of shin for mobility if necessary. You do see those crescent-shaped cuts on film.

As for the back of thigh size - you can shim there, or if it is more like 1/2" you can probably get away with just covering with cover strip and backing on the inside with a strip. Make sure you are fitting with your undersuit on and not over jeans or shorts. All fitting should be done exactly as the armor will be worn (shoes on, undersuit on). That way you get the real correct fit.

Hope that helps!

• Like 1