Velcro Question

Hey all,

I am looking for some industrial strength velcro to use to put kneepads inside my helmet to make it more snug. I was thinking of using this:

-----

Essentially I was looking for velcro that had adhesive on both sides (one side to fasten to the inside of my helmet, and one side to fasten to the pads. Do you think this stuff should do the trick? Is there any other better velcro that you all know about?

Thanks,

Phil

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working, removed gmrhodes13 2020

Ph1l2007 said:
Hey all,

I am looking for some industrial strength velcro to use to put kneepads inside my helmet to make it more snug. I was thinking of using this:

-----

Essentially I was looking for velcro that had adhesive on both sides (one side to fasten to the inside of my helmet, and one side to fasten to the pads. Do you think this stuff should do the trick? Is there any other better velcro that you all know about?

Thanks,

Phil

Yup thats what most of us use. Although if you're just using this on the inside of your helmet, you can get it in smaller lengths. But you definately want the industrial, it has stronger glue that hold up to high temperatures. You can also get it at just about any hardware store, walmart, micheal's etc so it should be easy to track some down.

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working, removed gmrhodes13 2020

regarding attaching velcro...when I attach velcro to a cloth surface I add fabric glue to it. The velcro does already have an adhesive on it but I find that it does not hold well on fabric (canvas, strapping, etc). I find the fabric glue really helps hold it in place. You can get fabric glue at any art store or fabric store. It dries very quickly too.