How Not to Build a TK

First, I cut off too much on my ears. But hey, you can't screwup anything that can't be fixed right? X) I try applying some sludge (acetone and abs) to fix it. The next morning I check the helmet and the sludge has melted my helmet around the ears! Oh Crap! So I cut that area out and after numerous thin layers of sludge and sanding, I repair it but it remains pitted with discoloration. 893abddb30d2b692c42c84d8b1d81e25.jpg

Your ears will cover the join so that shouldn't be an issue on your helmet.

Rear of calves the coverstrip should be 20mm unless you need larger to fit them on your legs.

Sizes can vary from one side to the other, they weren't made to be exactly the same size.

• Like 1

Your ears will cover the join so that shouldn't be an issue on your helmet.

Rear of calves the coverstrip should be 20mm unless you need larger to fit them on your legs.

Sizes can vary from one side to the other, they weren't made to be exactly the same size.

Thanks I though I might of mismatched the calves. As for the ears, there was a two inch gap I had to fill, not just the seem line

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

You'll get there. Just take your time and do some research before you grab the welder!lol. Just ask any questions we're here to help. Looking foward to seeing your progress. Plus Walt is great to deal with if you need spare parts.

You'll get there. Just take your time and do some research before you grab the welder!lol. Just ask any questions we're here to help. Looking foward to seeing your progress. Plus Walt is great to deal with if you need spare parts.

I've also discovered that if you rub abs with a dab of acetone it will smooth out scratches and pits. Use sparingly and do not apply any pressure to that area for a day or so (clamps etc) it will distort abs because the acetone hasn't fully dried. This cuts down sanding time.

Shim your bicep semi-flexed. You've got some muscles there, but it's unlikely you'll be showing off the pipes like that while trooping. You should be able to bring your forearm up (like a bicep curl) and have a little room in your bicep armour piece. Most of the time, the heaviest thing you'll be holding/lifting is your blaster or your bucket.

• Like 1

Shim your bicep semi-flexed. You've got some muscles there, but it's unlikely you'll be showing off the pipes like that while trooping. You should be able to bring your forearm up (like a bicep curl) and have a little room in your bicep armour piece. Most of the time, the heaviest thing you'll be holding/lifting is your blaster or your bucket.

thanks for the advice!