Bobbyns Build Thread - Anovos - ANH Stunt

So I got my BBB a while back and have been working on it off and on as I have the time. I am also more on the Gamorean Guard side  being 5'10 and 275 lbs

I have most of the stuff rough trimmed out

I started working on the forearms and noticed they feel kind of long on me. When I get home I will get some photographs

Also the biceps feel small, then fit but very snugly. Is there a way to open them up a little. The person I was working with told me to trim them up to the lines and to fit the armor to me I would probably have to pull off most of the return edges

You can add slightly bigger cover strips, usually these try to keep stand sizes on the front and make the backs bigger. Really you are better putting pieces together with tape and trying them on before you trim.

Good luck with the build, looking forward to the progress

6fc717de5bda94e02d660f9a99adf5dc.jpg7e8927e3454b6768fc88ea7cef9a979e.jpg

This is my right forearm fits pretty good but there is a gap on each side. Hoping the strip will cover it

7228213d9733ef67c4171be7d23b6336.jpg

Little tight up top return edge might need to go

27b49a37c1058bc3fd2c94aecdeee250.jpg

Lots of space around the wrist

2146a1f0728e85f26de283bce1a7bf7a.jpg

Does the fit across the arm look good

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here are both of my biceps0074ed622c8cc57bc1f83e2f1b246372.jpg

4a65596f069a160b3a9f9013c8c5106d.jpg

I tried opening the gap on the right side bicep but it's still pretty much get stuck on my arm

The problem seems to be the width of the owner piece is not large enough to accommodate my arm

efa2b5797d4a63305d3b979e11f3a555.jpg

The right on appears to be the worse and I've actually managed to get it stuck on my arm several times569122bf0ed8c7e21ddd34ec73b1db05.jpg

I've even tried using tape to let there be a larger gap between the two armor pieces but still really has not helped it looks like the pieces are just too narrow one way so I'm wondering if there is a way to basically round out the armor little bit more

Yes, you can reshape them by giving them a hot water bath. Basically, you immerse the piece in near-boiling water long enough for it to soften a bit (with the thin Anovos plastic I suggest no more than 10 seconds), gently pull them apart, and lock in the shape by quenching them in cool water.

So I made a little more progress on my armor

98724ce09215afc0457f6e1cb5fe47e5.jpg

09a983cd8d65682bfde58b7df98995cb.jpg

It still seems tight on for the biceps under the arms right now

8ea8cd0add565592df8c94c4c6b5cf25.jpg

Do you think I can go ahead and cut those pieces off our trim them down so I'm not getting stuck every time all of my arms up

Couple things for you brother:

First on your forearms. There is a molded section on each forearm that the cover strip on one side should sit on top of. I believe it's the left forearm where this is VERY distinct on the anovos kit, and the right arm just has a flat section instead of the raised ridge. That ridge should be just wide enough for your cover strip to cover. The arms should be 15mm cover strips so you're basically looking at trimming all but 7.5mm from each side so that the total width of that ridge (or flat area) is about a 15mm width. Then when you glue on your cover strip, it will lay perfectly over that ridge. You can then size as necessary by trimming on the opposite side.

With your biceps, you can remove ALL of the return edge at top and bottom of the bicep. That will give you more room. You can also cheat a bit if you need to by shimming under the cover strips (also 15mm) so you could get some extra room that way.

Finally, make sure when you are fitting and trimming you are WEARING YOUR UNDERSUIT. Don't fit to bare skin. When you trim armor you should ideally have undersuit and shoes/gloves as appropriate. You want the wrist side of forearm to ideally have no return edge but then just barely fit over a gloved hand. This ensures you can get them on over your gloves, but also that you don't look like Popeye with huge disproportionate forearms on the other end of the spectrum. Anovos trim lines are WAY wide of where you ultimately will end up trimming to.

Also if you haven't, check out ukswrath Anovos build thread. It is SO detailed, has pictures and measurements and everything. It was invaluable when building my daughter's Anovos kit. You can find that here:

http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/35086-ukswraths-anovos-tk-build/

• Like 1

Thanks for the info

For the biceps, I have to split the halves apart to get them to fit on me, is it better to keep the outer edge in the normal placement so the 15mm strap covers it and try to shim the other side, I would be looking at about 1.5" worth of shimming

One of the forearms fit pretty tight when I put my hand through, will have to do a tape fitting on them and see how they fit with the gloves, or do you put the gloves on after

I do have Ukswrath's guide printed out and use it for assistance, it is the first place I usually look for

For the shins. There is a 20mm cover strap, so I should trim the front of the shins down to 10 mm on each side. I can find one with return edge pretty easy (Part 28), but the return edge on part 25 is hard to find. I found that taking a mechanical pencil and going over the edges you can see what is where pretty easy sometimes

20922b1570e45a2fa6893b5bd5d7d194.jpg
I am hoping that the penciled in line I made roughly around the turn is where the edge of the return edge is
On part 28 actually appears a lot clearer and it looks like it's about 20 mm away from the cut line they show, which is the line on the right
cd321d069ff62ab38f02d9af540c4a36.jpg

So judging by the distance that there is away from teh outer edge of the return edge you can get a quick estimate by overlapping the pieces

Edited by pmatherne

Now for some fitting fun

This is the right shin piece 25/28

I did my best to approximate how far roughly 10 mm per return edge side it was away in, marked it on the inside of the shin pieces

6ccf7189697c29cba293223ec8ac3d4c.jpg

On the back side it was a little too big a gap

468f0e875f8b5cb28460095918ae067c.jpg

I could probably force it shut but I'm not sure it would be very comfortable to wear long term

Now I went back and open up the gap between the return edges to roughly 30mm

830dbf52d543e2db5088dfd9e997f1bb.jpg

The fit on the back was a little bit better 2de181e6a190c37555640673b5086525.jpg

I was able to close the back with a piece of tap and it fit rather comfy

a5d10b4daf0c76b2beb0f7ce4ff7bf54.jpg

Once I get the edge of the shin halves to line up better I will put on the under armor to get the final fittings. I find the under armor seems to keep my size a little bit down

Good job on finding those cover strip spots on the shins. Anovos is a challenging mold with that but I found the same as you, when you get it in the light it's pretty good.

Back of the shins look pretty close. 30mm might be stretching, but there is allowance on the cover strips for larger troopers. Have you been in contact with your local Garrison during this build and reached out to your local GML? The GML makes the call basically on suitability and some are stricter than others. That guidance during your build will be helpful. I am GML in Mountain Garrison and I love to work with any new applicants as they are going through their builds. That way you ensure whatever solution you implement doesn't impede any approval.