Rikileitr's Pipe Build

Rikileitr

When i started building my E11 I debated on whether or not I should make a build thread. Well, now that I'm running into trouble, I think now would be a good time to start one.

This is currently how far I have gotten.  A bit of the body definitely needs to be repainted.

3Pm6brj.jpg

The biggest issue I'm having is PAINT!  Specifically, spray paint.    

I sprayed the handle with a semi-gloss, and I think i may over put it on a little thick, because even after a few days the handle is sticky to the touch, although no paint comes off.    I ended up sanding down the paint on the handle and painting it again with a much more conservative coat.  After its done drying it still has that sticky touch to it... 

Has anyone else ran into the same problems?

• Like 1

Sounds like the aerosol needs more mixing. Also the temperature will have an effect on it curing.

Marc

Thanks,  the paint I used may have been a year or 2 old, Maybe that has something to do with it.  It was painted and dried at room temperature. 

Edited by Rikileitr

Looks like a Doopy-Doo's pipe kit from resin. Wouldn't worry about the sticky paint surface.

I already built a couple of blasters and had the same effect on every single one. After a few days (latest 1 or 2 weeks) it had fully dried...

Just give it some time and nice temperatures :)

• Like 1

Thanks for the help. Yes it is a Doopydoos resin Pipe build. 

I just finished repainting the body and adding some weathering.  I have to wait for my scope and scope rail to come in the mail, so i think im pretty much done for now.

Are the power cylinders a requirement for Lvl 1 501st approval?  I can't seem to find anyone selling power cylinders that are less than $50. Im just looking for some resin ones.

I'm still waiting for my scope to come in the mail, so I'm finishing up the rest of the body.

I used modeling clay to fix up the seam on the fold out stock.

I re-re-painted the handle with a new gloss that i purchased, and then weathered that.

2uT6oce.jpg

StSbD71.jpg

lr2jkLz.jpg

gzCt0o0.jpg