Help Modifying Rubies Child TFA Helmet

Sgt. Bilko

Greetings Troopers!

I have researched several posts on converting a 48" TFA Stormtrooper Battle Buddy to a wearable costume for my kids.  I am awaiting the buddy from Amazon.  In the meantime, I ordered the 2 piece Rubies TFA helmet (the Buddy helmet is too small) and am working to modify it.  The quality of the helmet out of the box from Rubies is poor.  See below this post.  As a result, I am repainting and modifying the lens and frown per other posts. 

Now for the question...I have sanded down the helmet and put a white primer coat on the helmet.  After waiting a day, I put some Krylon White Gloss on the helmet.  The results are good, however, I want more of a shine.  Can anyone make some recommendations here?  Can I put a gloss clear coat on top of a white gloss coat?

8A4pYmw.jpg

SltwiKZ.jpg

QYGcmQP.jpg

Edited by gmrhodes13
photos updated gmrhodes13 2021

From the pictures you can see the paint job out of the box was terrible. It's much better, but want to hit it with a high gloss clear coat. I'm worried it would make it permanently sticky

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good... I'm gonna grab one, while they're cheap and available, just in case they stop selling them in a few years when I actually need one. :)

I can't imagine paint would not eventually dry.  Might take a while, but paint doesn't stay wet in open air.  As long as it's paint designed for plastic, at least.

Final clear coat, one day to dry and electrical tape on the seam lines. Last, I used the lens and mask grill from my TK

222e6c20e83f64c7ebc7c68fd87c9cf2.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Sgt. Bilko