New Year's Resolutions...

justjoseph63

Well, the new year is upon us, and I thought that I would suggest a few ideas for 2017.  One of or mottos here at the FISD is "Troopers helping Troopers", and the amount of help that many of you provide here is truly staggering.  The 501st Stormtrooper community is second to none in helping each other out, but I am going to ask that we up the ante in the upcoming year (and beyond) to take it to the next level.  With that in mind, I am offering the following ideas to make 2017 the "Year of the TK".

1.  Take a few minutes each week to say "Welcome" to the first time posters in the Introductions thread.  We all remember our first time... it's important to make the new folks feel at home, and let them know that we are here to help.

2.  Know a lot about armor?  Host an armor party!  These are really appreciated by those starting or in the middle of a build.  It's a chance not only to pass on your knowledge, but to get to know your future trooping mates as well while having some fun!  I learn something new at each one I attend.

3.  Pay it forward.  Remember that set of rare earth magnets, or those extra bits and pieces of armor or build supplies gathering dust in a storage bin?  Why not offer them to someone who needs them for only the cost of postage?  It will be appreciated, I promise you.

4.  Make 2017 the year that you decide to go for your EIB and/or Centurion badge.. (it's never too late).  If you are already there, encourage those both here * and on a local level to do the same, and offer any help needed. 

.* Check out the EIB/Centurion submission threads and offer constructive comments or useful tips.

5.  Are you regularly active on this site and on a local level, and willing to go a little above and beyond in helping new folks?  Consider joining the Imperial Attache program:  http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/15252-fisd-attach%C3%A9-program/ We are always looking for quality Troopers, and many Garrisons/Squads need them.  Here is the list:  

http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/38483-fisd-imperial-attache-list/

6.  Keep your personal trading cards on you at all times, especially when trooping.  This promotes the 501st and FISD, and could very well lead to a new member of your Garrison.

7.  GET OUT THERE AND TROOP!  Armor is of no use if sits in a bin.

8.  Stay active here on the FISD site.  It's important to check in regularly to find out what is going on in our community, (CRL changes, updates, policies, etc.), and many of you have missed out on runs of patches, shirts, coins and other cool stuff.   It only takes a few minutes a week to keep up to date, and also gives you the chance to offer your expertise and guidance to others.  

If you have any more ideas, post em' up here.  I wish each and every one of you a great new year, and hope to meet you all at Celebration 2017!

• Like 8

Well I pretty much ticked that list so I'll just say have a great year Joseph and to one and all.

Due to a year of on and off again illness my hopeful trip to celebration this year has had to be postponed, hope anyone attending has a great time and take a few pics for those of us that can't be there.