How should armor fit

I'm about 5'10" 165 lbs, relatively small build.  I've been sizing/trimming my biceps and forearms.  How should the armor fit?  How much gap should I allow?  Should it be snug enough to stay in place with the undersuit on (without straps) or should it be slightly bigger being held in place eventually with the straps.  

Just remember that you can (and should) eliminate all the return edges on both ends of the forearm before fitting and gluing.  

DSC00030_zpscy6u1gtx.jpg

Thanks Joseph,

I knew about the return edge on the wrist side but not the opposite edge thanks.  I measured a couple times cut it to "size" then realized that it needs to fit the gloves.  So it may be a little tight now.  But I haven't glue anything yet since I'm in the fitting stage.

A slight return edge can be left on the outer elbow edge but the inner curve and wrist should be completely trimmed away. This will help getting your hand through the wrist opening but remember you have to put your gloves on after if you have latex hand plates glue to your gloves.

The armour should be loose on our body. The arms should be able to slide freely without any restrictions so they can move as you move. Same goes for the thighs, but the shins can fit snug. Remember to size the shins with your boots on.