My begining to ANH Elite

I have FX armor with a few mods here and there, Ive been noticing I'm almost on my way to beingpart of the elite on FISD I have a Ap helmet and a homemade E-11 blaster by a trooper named Jim Carrol he sells them on ebay as racooncitypolice

This will be a dev journal of my process here

So Im goin to start with parts I already have, in the order below.

Canvas Belt - WIP

Ab buttons - Next

Removing rivets from chest piece - ????

Painting the armor - when I get $$$$

Ok! Lets start

I order my holster from Nyghtcraft Really great work and I love the smell of leather

PICT0120.jpg

And I have the canvas belt also

Well the standards state that the holster is plaed behind the canvas belt and with the money I paid for the holster, NO WAY IN HELL am I carving it up to snap it there. So what i did was add 4 snaps to my canvas belt and to a piece of abs behind it

PICT0140.jpg

PICT0139.jpg

PICT0138.jpg

Hers a pic with the blaster in place

PICT0137.jpg

Once I finished with placement I painted the buttons white to match belt.

Any tips would be greatly appreciatated

What are the paint colors for the ab buttons I have the gray just not the blue

Further updaes to come...

Looking good so far. I hate to tell you mate - that holster is not 501st acceptable though it's great for non-canon events. I suggest you get a cheapy holster for pix and canon events, then use this for anything else.

Looking good so far. I hate to tell you mate - that holster is not 501st acceptable though it's great for non-canon events. I suggest you get a cheapy holster for pix and canon events, then use this for anything else.

Not to be a butthead but there isnt anything on the holster in the standards, that I could find. If you can point me there I would be very thankful.

What are the paint colors for the ab buttons I have the gray just not the blue

Remember it's not just the colors, but the size also has to be correct. The standard FX buttons I believe are too big. Best to just buy a replacement set from VaderDave. They're inexpensive, shipped quickly, easy to install, and even this small mod makes a world of difference.

Not to be a butthead but there isnt anything on the holster in the standards, that I could find. If you can point me there I would be very thankful.

The elite standards are in addition to the Legion standards, but do not include them. There is a project underway to get all the Legion's costume requirements standardized and posted on the Legion website, but it's a large project to say the least.

for the info that has been brought forth so far this info would be great to have in the Stanards to be elite and not just voiced

Sorry about that - currently there is no documented standard in the 501st that states this - it's just how it's always been, just like having these emblems on your pauldron is not acceptable for a sandtrooper.

The 501st is still in the process of finally codifying much that has been unwritten, and that's where this detail will be added, as Terrell states.