Armor help

I know its tempting to get the first set of armour you see but i'd do a little bit of research first. There are alot of people on here that can help you out and alot of talented makers on here aswell. Just my opinion :)

Thanks like I said I need all the help I can get ! Im not in a big hurry and you guys the best at what you do. That is why im here

i was in the same boat man...i wanted armor so bad i wasn't sure what would be a good price for it!!!!! that armor looks like AFX or FX armor...i researched a lot and read a lot in this forum as well as others, and this particular you can usually get for $500-$600...so i would do a little research and message tupperware tk!!!!!! good luck man....i'm currently working on my FX TX armor!!!!!! just my 2 cents!!!!!

He is one of many FX resellers. The first question you should ask is:

1) What kind of armor is best for me

-> accuracy level

-> budget

-> physical size

-> material

-> skills necessary to put together

This kind of research can take weeks and sometimes longer. There is a wealth of information on this forum and judicious use of the search button or even just browsing relevant topics can answer 90% of your questions, and save you from being the guy who asked the same question every else asks :)

After doing some research - like I said it normally takes people a few weeks or reading around...you'll be better enabled to understand the terms and acronyms used, and what the variations are.

2) Now that you know the type of armor you want, where to get it

Chances are you'll have figured this out by now, but if not you'll find a few judicious posts or PMs can take care of a lot.

3) Hook up with your local garrison. Every garrison is different - some are really helpful to new people, some aren't - but even if they aren't (and that's why detachments are great - we're always helpful!) you'll eventually be trooping with these folks so you might as well start making friends.

Anything else - just let us know!

FWIW, $800 for a full kit isn't bad. You can buy FX lite kits (no helmet, no velcro, no straps, etc.) on this board for about 1/2 the price (see the for sale area). Or, for $800 there are more accurate armors out there, or larger if you're a bigger guy.

What are you looking for exactly - that's the question.