My sons TFA Trooper costume

DTCorvus

Coming up on a year ago I built a FO Stormtrooper costume for my son Alex from the 48" Jakkz Pacific Statue. I saw the video of the guy doing it for his son and I took it a step farther. I tried to make it as screen accurate as possible. I started in November and had it wearable for the preview night of TFA. <br>
So a little about my son Alex. Besides Alex being his middle name he has PDD-NOS. According to Wikipedia PDD-NOS is;<br>
A pervasive developmental disorder not otherwise specified (PDD-NOS) is one of the three autism spectrum disorders (ASD) and also one of the five disorders classified as a pervasive developmental disorder (PDD). According to the DSM-IV, PDD-NOS is a diagnosis that is used for "severe and pervasive impairment in the development of reciprocal social interaction or verbal and nonverbal communication skills, or when stereotyped behavior, interests, and activities are present, but the criteria are not met for a specific PDD" or for several other disorders. PDD-NOS is often called atypical autism, because the criteria for autistic disorder are not met, for instance because of late age of onset, atypical symptomatology, or subthreshold symptomatology, or all of these. Even though PDD-NOS is considered milder than typical autism, this is not always true. While some characteristics may be milder, others may be more severe.<br>
They diagnosed him with this when he was 5, after years of us telling doctors that there was something wrong with him, since he didn't really start talking till he was 3 and was prone to violent outbursts. All of those doctors kept telling us that he was just lazy and that he would talk when he wanted to. His mind works on such a different level then most other kids, he can remember things after only seeing them once. He is such an amazing child.<br>
I just wanted to post this about my son to let you all know one of the reasons I did the Trooper costume for him. Also if you suspect that there is an issue with your child, don't just let the doctors say they are lazy. Press the matter and don't stop till they are diagnosed correctly. It took us pressuring the doctors and my sons kindergarten teachers aide to finally get him diagnosed correctly. <br><br>
You can see the full build pics on my company Facebook page. Also you may had heard about my son on the 501st cast a few months ago. As I embark on finally building my TK I wanted to share what I did for my son.<br><br><br>
You can find the build album at http://facebook.com/DravensTotalCustoms  look up Mini First Order Stromtrooper build in my photo albums. <br><br>
post-30064-0-17485000-1476835767_thumb.jpg

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working, removed gmrhodes13 2021
  • Like 4