Telethon Kids Carnival Day 2

gmrhodes13

Desert Scorpion Squad

EVENT: TELETHON KIDS CARNIVAL DAY II

DATE: 16-10-16

TIME: 9AM TO 6PM

LANDSCAPE/WEATHER: INDOOR

TROOPERS:

LIZ TB13310, Q TK85421, TAHLEE TD84001, JO TI10996, WILSON TK5841, WAYNE TB20074, DANIEL CC79969, STUART SL51164

WRANGLERS: Michael, Corinne, Phil, Em

REPORT: Day II started a little later as everything was setup. This was very much a mirror image of Saturday however crowd numbers were greater as Telethon was in full swing.

We walked the cue as the public waited for the doors to open, the squad was a great distraction to keep the kids[big and little] entertained with the usual photo requests.

Once inside we mingled doing what we do I guess, each of us had our own routine in place and from what I could tell we all got some breaks whilst maintaining a Star Wars presence at all times. My day was broken up between costuming, mini breaks,assisting a little on speeder bike patrol, lunch and back to costuming. Later in the day, the penny finally dropped for me and I realised that Q's favourite photo op spot, just outside the carnival had a temperature drop of what seemed to be 10 degrees,so I stationed myself there.

The convention centre crew must have been on overdrive as they were hosting several events so having to limit the number of costumers made sense as the place was packed, they were well organised and well staffed with security and assistance.

About 4ish we called it, it was up to the speeder bike crew to finish off the day up until about 5.

With high vis on Corrinne, Chivo, Liz, Q, Em and myself packed up. Another successful troop over. If we are fortunate enough to be invited costumers again, see you next year at Telethon.

INCIDENTS,ARMOUR REPAIRS: None that come to mind for day II as Jo could see today so that was a bonus.

Great response from the public and feedback from the organisers was positive.

MISSION: Complete

REPORT: SL51164

leggg4.jpg

Edited by gmrhodes13
photo updated