My AM 2.0 helmet

I am assembling my AM 2.0 helmet and have a question. The area where you mount the Hovi mics is really thin and I would like to reinforce that area to add strength. I'm looking for ideas on how to accomplish this. Also, should I reinforce this area before or after I've installed my hovi mics? Thanks!

I am assembling my AM 2.0 helmet and have a question. The area where you mount the Hovi mics is really thin and I would like to reinforce that area to add strength. I'm looking for ideas on how to accomplish this. Also, should I reinforce this area before or after I've installed my hovi mics? Thanks!

Cut a 3/4" or less circular disc out of cover strip or armor scrap material, drill a hole for the hovi tip stud size, glue disc to interior of helmet, let dry. Install hovi.

• Like 1

What I ended up doing is I got some Picture repair putty. Mixed it up and spread it around the area. I pretty happy with how it turned out and it seems to have worked out great. I will still make some circular disc as ukswrath suggested and install those when I put my tips on. Thanks for the suggestions!<br>

I'd post a picture, but I can't seem to figure out how to do it with my phone.