ESB Trooper gloves

Jango_Fett_Jr

I'll be starting my own ESB Stormtrooper soon, and I was wondering if anyone knows what they used for the gloves. It wasn't the black chemical gloves from ANH and I'm not looking for those Nomex flight gloves or anything of that sort, just if anyone knows what they actually used in the movie :)

• 2 weeks later...

I believe the rubber gloves were used,but also cotton/lycra gloves were used too.The hand plates were sewn onto the cotton gloves,and I think for the rubber gloves then hand plates were strapped like in ROTJ(strap inside palm and another into forearm).

• 6 months later...
I believe the rubber gloves were used,but also cotton/lycra gloves were used too.The hand plates were sewn onto the cotton gloves,and I think for the rubber gloves then hand plates were strapped like in ROTJ(strap inside palm and another into forearm).

Paul,

Do you happen to have any up-close pics of the sewing pattern? I know I've seen a few but don't have any on my computer.

I'm probably going to sew mine on to a pair of Nomex gloves.

The Master has spoken...If anyone knows troopermaster would :duim::salute::trooper:

From what I can gather they are sewn on in five spots, each spot has two stitches like below...

------------

HDPE stormy is the main ESB guru :D He has spotted a few variations on the sewing patterns so maybe give him a shout for some ideas?

-Paul :)

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working, removed gmrhodes13 2021

• 3 months later...

Anybody have pictures and/or a source for the cloth gloves? I want to sew on my handplates opposed to strapping them on.

^_^

Are they sewn on with elastic thread?

Is it like a U up through the plastic with knots on it?

Any further discussion on this would help me because I know very little about ESB specific parts.

I think they used lycra gloves as well as rubber. You could use something like --------------- or similar. I got my suit #308 from the same place and might just order some of these gloves as well as the hood.

I believe the lycra gloves had the hand plates sewn on while the rubber gloves had the hand plates attached like the ROTJ suit's with an elastic band.

-Paul.

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working, removed gmrhodes13 2021