How close am I to finishing my Anovos for basic approval?

Sherbert

Hey all, posted these photos over in my welcome thread but wanted to have a post here to get some more information regarding finishing my build and to post updated photos once I make the changes. So first off I know I need to make modifications to how the holster attaches to the belt and I should look into buying a new belt correct? I've also been told to glue the ammo pack on the right knee and to make a few adjustments to the fit of the build - like the ammo boxes hanging from the belt. Someone also recommended adjusting my shoulder bells to fit better. It was pointed out that my left thigh piece is hanging down too low and I think that was user error when I was putting the suit on. I have two snaps near my crotch and I think I hooked up the thigh piece to the lower snap instead of the one that's placed a little higher and I didn't notice. I didn't have help when putting the armor on so it was all solo! I also think I need to repaint the buttons since I rushed that job with some cheap paints when I was finishing the armor up. Also the blaster is just a painted Hasbro just to have something for now. Boots are from TKboots. Let me know what other photos I should post for more detail on the suit and such!

8Akgxnj.jpg

9PLnFPr.jpg

NtrluKz.jpg

sn551Gj.jpg

Qthq4x8.jpg

tQvNDub.jpg

Edited by Sherbert
  • Like 1

Hey Justin, first of all great job on your build. Doing it solo can be very difficult but it's obvious you have a knack for this kind of stuff.

As for approvals, 501st basic you'll be fine though your GML may or may not have improvement suggestions for you at that time. If you haven't done so already sign up with your local garrison, here's a list http://www.501st.com/members/displayUnits.php#garrisons. Once you're registered find out who your GML is and send them the following photos requesting 501st status - Using a blank background take Front, Back, Left, Right and Helmet off front, full armor views. Your GML may or may not request other photos.

Once your armor has been approved and you have a TK#, if you're interested in achieving the higher levels of accuracy like Expert Infantry or Centurion I suggest you start reading here http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/forum/95-expert-infantryman-program/. When you think you're ready, start a new post requesting EIB here http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/forum/19-request-expert-infantryman-status/. We'll examine your armor and inform you on where to go from there. 

Hope this helps

• Like 1

Thanks Ukswrath! I'll go ahead and do that. I signed up for the forums of the GGG which is my local garrison. I haven't posted anything in there yet but I'll go ahead and start the process with the GML! Thought I needed a few more adjustments before basic approval. Just wanting to make sure it's as close as I can get before submitting.

• Like 1

Thanks Ukswrath! I'll go ahead and do that. I signed up for the forums of the GGG which is my local garrison. I haven't posted anything in there yet but I'll go ahead and start the process with the GML! Thought I needed a few more adjustments before basic approval. Just wanting to make sure it's as close as I can get before submitting.

Hey Justin, I'm with the GGG also. With the exception of a couple suggestions you shouldn't have a problem with 501st basic. John B. and a couple others that work with him approving applicants are a great help. You're in good hands.

Very close, but yes, there are some tweaks needed.  Nice job overall!

The five main things that jump out to me are: (1) The backs of the shins are backwards... the opening is to the outside, and should be to the inside.  (2) The drop boxes should align with the outside edge of the ammo belt.  (3) The cover strips on the front of the thighs should stop roughly an inch higher, where the ridge begins, instead of continuing all the way to the edge.  (4) The right thigh ammo pack should be glued in place better, so it doesn't drop down like that.  It's ok (barely hanging on) in the first two pics, but slid down for the other pics.  And (5) the top two Chicago screws in the belt, holding the holster on, need to be removed and the screw holes patched (steal a little matching fabric from the back of the belt or under the velcro).  (ANH Stunt CRL only allows 2 screws, not 4)

Otherwise, I personally don't see anything that would prevent basic approval, once the formal approval pics are taken as Tony outlined.

Nice photo shoot, though, those are great pics!

Edited by kman
  • Like 1