TK-19764 Reporting for Duty~

Just approved early this week. Garrison Excelsior CNY. First troop coming up Sat - Aug 20 MiLB Syracuse SkyChiefs Star Wars Night.

First time builder, Anovos OT TK kit. Taking new photos on Fri - Aug 19 for EIB submission. I think I may be able to get to Centurion level with my build, but EIB was the goal from the start.

If Only You Knew:

-        If I only knew how hot being in this TK was going to be, I may have changed my mind - but I am glad I did not.

-        If I only knew how much everything was going to cost to get this done, I would have taken out a loan ;-)

-        Some of the things I learned during the build: 1) Don't try to rush the build if you are a first timer. You will make mistakes. 2) Always use E6000 even though you have to wait 24 hours each gluing session. 3) Measure 3x then cut once. Always easier to take more ABS off than to put it back on.

Oops!:

-        One of the big things I did wrong was I cut my shins cover strips too short. I was supposed to go to the top and I stopped just below the ridge lines.The Left shin hid this problem with the Sniper plate, but I had to work some magic to get the Right shin cover strip rebuilt to proper length. It came out great and is only noticable if you stick your face at the bottom of my Right Shin

A funny thing happened on my way to the Death Star:

-        Did not really have any funny stories along the way, just alot of blood, sweat, tears, and curse words.

Shout Outs:

-        My shout outs go to the great group of people on the Anovos Build Facebook page, especially Kalani Patterson (KMAN), Gary Crowell, Brian Rogers, Joe Marzocca, Chris Pearson; Mike Culp (TK-1636)and his YouTube videos, UKSWrath here on FISD

• Like 1

Welcome Tom, saw you on the Facebook build group, congrats on approval.

First troop is the best, you should enjoy it quite a bit.

Just a few lessons learned to add:

- Helmet fans, almost a must to keep the lenses from fogging, lighter 3600 mAH stick battery is sufficient for trooping, the bigger 10000 mAH brick was too heavy

- Anovos undersuit is crazy hot and will leave the armor purple on the edges, replace when funds allow w/ a moisture wicking compression suit

- If you haven't put inserts in your boots yet, now is the time. Your feet will thank you for the first troop

Have fun

• Like 1

Welcome Tom, saw you on the Facebook build group, congrats on approval.

First troop is the best, you should enjoy it quite a bit.

Just a few lessons learned to add:

- Helmet fans, almost a must to keep the lenses from fogging, lighter 3600 mAH stick battery is sufficient for trooping, the bigger 10000 mAH brick was too heavy

- Anovos undersuit is crazy hot and will leave the armor purple on the edges, replace when funds allow w/ a moisture wicking compression suit

- If you haven't put inserts in your boots yet, now is the time. Your feet will thank you for the first troop

Have fun

Thx Brian

I run with 2 fans, off a single 2200mAh USB stick.

I have ordered a replacement undersuit. Trouble is, I will likely only get the pants part before my first troop. Will have the shirt next week. Hoping for some miracle. ;-)

I have memory foam inserts in my boots.

I do need to practice doing stairs. I am going to have to go down to the field and back up at my MiLB troop Saturday.

Taking my EIB - Centurion pics Friday. I did not really like how my Basic pics turned out.

Hoping everything works well for the troop.