Biceps - Ridges Screen accurate?

TK3645

My question is regarding the 2 ridges in the trapezoid seen above the clip/greeblie.

TSBWDer.png

I'm building Jim's V3 FO TK kit.

I've filled in the half of the trapezoid with epoxy sculpt. Now the other half is blank. Is it screen accurate to have the 2 ridges as well.

I've tried to find screen grabs with a good close up of the bicep to confirm but I've found nothing. The only source I found with the ridges is the picture of the running TK in last year's Celebration program and the CRL bicep picture.

Can anyone confirm if the ridges are a screen accurate feature.

Edited by gmrhodes13
photos updated gmrhodes13 2021

Im working on this piece but with the Anovos Armor, doesn't look much different.  

http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/36894-starfox2010s-tfa-stormtrooper-build/page-3#entry512910

You can also take a look at UKSWRATH's build (has links to each piece on first page). It's what i'm going off of.

http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/31877-ukswraths-fotk-build-thread-tk-10116/

Gona have to split the bicep and cut out the trapezoid and ad a cover strip.

My question is regarding the 2 ridges in the trapezoid seen above the clip/greeblie.

Can anyone confirm if the ridges are a screen accurate feature.

Here's a screenshot for you. Look around 24mins in to the movie after Finn appears after crash landing.

492286994d3183c0c352a996db568409.png

Don't look too closely though otherwise you see how his biceps are actually Velcro'd on the inside seam!

• Like 1

Here's a screenshot for you. Look around 24mins in to the movie after Finn appears after crash landing.

492286994d3183c0c352a996db568409.png

Don't look too closely though otherwise you see how his biceps are actually Velcro'd on the inside seam!

Thanks Darren.

Have you got any other reference pictures showing the bicep ridges on the TK's other than Finn's suit.

I ask as I know that Finns TK suit has certain differences to the standard TK.

Cheers

Hi Bryan

Here are a few other reference shots. Two from the movie, one from behind the scenes...

-----------------

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160804/90e0292e9d621657d9d4617d80927038.png

Whilst not obvious in every stormtrooper shot they are definitely there when you look close enough. Perhaps some thin abs/styrene shapes inset in the groove would work.

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working, removed gmrhodes13 2021
  • Like 1