Salvaged Mic and Amp

So I was doing a little digging on the FISD last night and I discovered that the Static Burst Generator in the 2009 Hasbro helmets yielded a good result for a budget build. I managed to pick a commander rex helmet up a couple of years back for £2 with all the electronics still intact. Last night I managed to, piece by piece, pry apart the helmet and get the components i needed.15fc0cfcbfdd266b8bc1629bde433bfb.jpgb86d1febbb11a95b99f6f163078f9f23.jpg Now, considering eBay was charging a good £10 for just the electronics, I believe that I have found myself a bargain!! What do you guys think?

I also found this cool:

1d0ae4d716b1515b5c476eecf1b8afa5.jpg

Be neat to see if someone could mod it into an imperial riot trooper!!

<EDIT> The mic/amp setup is button operated, is there any way I can activate it with just my voice??

Edited by The Anonymous Egyptian

I guess the easiest way would be to bypass the push to talk button, and put in an on/off switch. Which would need a bit of solder work, but then you would have an option to have a constant open mic. Don't think that that would trigger the static burst though as I assume the burst kicks in when you release the speak button.

• Like 1

I guess the easiest way would be to bypass the push to talk button, and put in an on/off switch. Which would need a bit of solder work, but then you would have an option to have a constant open mic. Don't think that that would trigger the static burst though as I assume the burst kicks in when you release the speak button.

Yeah pretty much. I'll send a photo later, but for the SBG (static burst generator) to work, the button needs to be held down (similar to a walkie talkie). I'm not entirely sure what the constant open mic would do though, would it be the same as just holding the button down?? Likewise, is there a device, such as a a LDR or Thermistor that detects sound? Because if I could install that the effect would be the same as an open mic, just without the Static.

Sent from my 5022X using Tapatalk