(Work In Progress) Any advice?

Hi all,

First build looking for feedback, Im looking to join the 501st next year. I wore it for the first time at celebration and went to the 501st stand and received some feedback and am now looking to take the armour to the next level before applying for the 501st next year. all advice is appreciated. 

I have posted all the images on Imgur: Link: http://imgur.com/a/aq75D

Thanks

• Like 1

Hi all,

First build looking for feedback, Im looking to join the 501st next year. I wore it for the first time at celebration and went to the 501st stand and received some feedback and am now looking to take the armour to the next level before applying for the 501st next year. all advice is appreciated.

I have posted all the images on Imgur: Link: http://imgur.com/a/aq75D

Thanks

I recommend you lengthen your shoulder straps to allow your back plate to hang lower and cover that gap. You'll probably also want to make some bicep clips to attach them to the shoulder straps.

What kit is this?

• Your thighs are at different heights.
  • Back plate is crooked and yes, bring it down as was suggested.
  • Remove the velcro from the back of your shoulder straps. Give them some more bend so they stay down.
  • Your belt should sit a bit lower in the front (ABS part should just be touching the bottom of the ab plate) and significantly lower in the back.
  • TD clips should ideally sit touching the end caps of your TD.
  • Your butt plate, your chest plate, and your kidney have some flashing around the side.
  • Not sure if there is no mold mark on the ab, but it's weird that the curve is going back upwards where it meets the kidney plate...normally it should cruve downwards and meet the kidney plate if you haven't shimmed.
  • You could bring your dropboxes up a bit and align them with the ends of the belt.

I'm not sure how much of this would actually prevent you from being approved. I would actually contact your Garrison GML and get their feedback. Some of this stuff is not a dealbreaker.