AM 2.0 build mistake.

Hi all,

New here. Coming to the end of my first build and so far is been okay, some things are a bit rough and I am not happy with some aspects but have used brackets and rivets for the first time so I need to improve. Thanks to sites like this and other guides I have got it together okay but I have a major issue with the forearms and biceps. I am not sure how we managed it but the test fit seemed to be okay (been tricky as my son is just over 6ftr 3in which has lead to a lot of cuts) but once it once completed the taper is well off and there is a huge amount of space at the wrist and the bottom of the bicep. They are fully glued with finishing strips.

My son is keen to wear it to Celebration next week so I am up against it.

How can I go about fixing this. As I say there is not room at the tops of the biceps or forearms.

Trying to work out how to add images. UPDATE - can open in new tab but wont show up here. will set up a new account.

HSsjRdG.jpg

Edited by Angelus073

Hey John, to answer your forearm question, it depends on what adhesive you used to apply the cover strips. If you used E6000, simply remove the cover strip. If its CA (superglue) you're better off leaving it as is being you run the risk of damaging the armor, unless you're a "I can do anything" type of person, in that case I have a perfect rebuild tutorial that may help.

Thanks for the reply. It is CA'ed. Gutted.

Would it be better to pad the wrist with form then? Also where can I find your tutorial?

Cheers.

Padding the wrist is an popular option, so yes going that route is perfectly acceptable.

Follow the "GO TO" link in my signature below. At the top of the following page is my ATA rebuild thread. There I illustrate how to disassemble rebuild armor from the ground up. Wasn't a fun experience but I learned a lot, not to mention it helps others in the same predicament.

Hope this helps

First full fitting today. Still a quite a bit of tidying up to do and my son posted elsewhere on here as we had an overheating issue. Going to have to invest in the fans. @ukswrath we live in the UK, how do we sort out a shipping cost?

Also that knee gap is doing my head in!!!

Any suggestions on how to tidy it up?

fbp1ydF.jpg

Edited by Angelus073

Lower the thighs 2cm. Pad the inside front of the calves and rear of the thighs.

Also you can attach webbed strap on the inside of forearms Nd bicepts and hold them up in place and a bit of padding to keep arm in the middle. Looks good tho1

Honest answer: hes too tall for normal tk armour. But thats ok.

The only parts you can adjust for length of limbs are thighs and bicepts. Just let them hang a little lower. Without actually adding more abs and sculpting and shimming all eight limb parts longer...you'll have to accept spaces. It looks fine. People are only going to look at your bucket and abs anyways ;-)

The biceps were a nightmare and so were the calfs. The chest I am happy with, used the bracket system and that has worked nicely. But as I have said the arms and the calfs how been horrible. He is so keen to join a club and troop when he hits 18 but I am not sure I have the skill to make the armour up to scratch which is disappointing at best. I have learned a lot from this build but I am just not certain that I can improve enough. 

Thanks for the help. Went well this weekend at Celebration, no major issues and only have one repair where I lost a bolt on the back bracket. We went to the 501st stand and spoke to a few guys about progress and there were very positive about it. I want to look at options for the forearms and may even redo them totally but I was happy with the feedback.

He even got filmed in his armour for a Rogue One Disney Channel (hispanic) promo that will be running so that was kinda cool.

Edited by Angelus073