Joining cod piece to butt plate?

I noticed in every tutorial I see everybody drills holes through these pieces to join them at the crotch area. Is there a reason we don't use glued in snap plates like the rest of the typical strapping system? It really just seems easier from what I can see. <br>

I feel like I'm missing something obvious here.

On 6/29/2016 at 9:37 AM, pewpewpew said:

I noticed in every tutorial I see everybody drills holes through these pieces to join them at the crotch area. Is there a reason we don't use glued in snap plates like the rest of the typical strapping system? It really just seems easier from what I can see. <br>

Hey Travis, if want to achieve the higher levels of accuracy the you'll need to have male base snaps on the outside of the armor at the posterior and right from ab, seen here. They're not required to be functional. 

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working, removed gmrhodes13 2020
  • Like 1

The most common is nickle but some will argue brass is fine also. The CRL does not specify, just don't paint the crotch or RIGHT side ab snaps, or cod rivet.

• Like 2

Check the crl pics.

nothing to see here.

On most of my builds, I use the 2 butt snaps as functional snaps. The front split rivet is just for looks, I glue a Tandy line 24 snap plate inside the cod since it's taken on and off so much. Just don't want to put that strain on the split rivet plus it's easier to undo that strap at the cod than the butt.

• Like 1

Hmmmm... taking crotch advice from a strange panda over the Internet. I kinda feel like my parents should have warned me about things like this. <br>

Does it matter if I use line 20 or line 24 snaps on the butt plate?

They're actually "S" snaps (aka poppers) as seen here in my build ;) http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/35086-ukswraths-anovos-tk-build/?p=474712.

These are what were used on the movie armor however, line 24 snaps will work just as efficiently.

"S" snaps -------------

Cheers

Edited by gmrhodes13
  • Like 1

On 7/1/2016 at 8:46 PM, ukswrath said:

They're actually "S" snaps (aka poppers) as seen here in my build ;)http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/35086-ukswraths-anovos-tk-build/?p=474712.

These are what were used on the movie armor however, line 24 snaps will work just as efficiently.

"S" snaps ---------------

Cheers

Thanks Tony, I will go with the line 24's as that's what I have handy. Great tutorials BTW. If you were able to generate ad revenue from the number of views they got, I'm pretty sure I'd have been able to put your kids through college due to the number of times I've referenced them.

Edited by gmrhodes13
  • Like 1

Thanks Tony, I will go with the line 24's as that's what I have handy. Great tutorials BTW. If you were able to generate ad revenue from the number of views they got, I'm pretty sure I'd have been able to put your kids through college due to the number of times I've referenced them.

ah hahaha nice! Thanks  :duim:  :D