Shoulder Bells and EIB - Centurion

Hi, I have seen EIB requests requiring for shoulder bells to virtually touch the chest bridges. Due to the size of my shoulders/ traps / back, this is close to impossible for me.

What could you suggest?

I am 1,86 and 114 kilos and very broad.

1e2e2a0ed64cf74c67032f9ba0e5aa02.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk53e7531cee09676a7f9adabc846965dd.jpg

Edited by TOMALFORD

Hot water bath, then carefully and slowly widen them. I had to do the same thing with mine, i lift weights and my shoulders aren't that narrow.

Take your time, don't use too much force, pun intended, to widen them. Just do it bit by bit.

You can use s heat gun, but you still need to go slowly and carefully so you don't break or split the material.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

Edited by Strength
  • Like 1

Hi Tom

Don't stress buddy, we know not everyone fits into a TK the same.

The desired look is to have them almost touching, but I can see by your photo that they may never do that. You have been given some good advise above, and i can see that there is a possibility that you can get them a bit closer. You can entirely remove that bottom return edge, in fact that way its actually screen accurate. it will also make the heat bending much easier and allow the bells to come in a touch. Once you try that, see if you cant shorten those top straps up a bit and we can have another look for you.

Tony and I are here to help, so never a problem for you to shoot us a PM and ask us for advice.

Hope to see an EIB application from you soon

Cheers

Andrew

• Like 2

Oh, yeah! Sly's right. If there's a regimen edge go ahead and remove that. Check some of the centurion application threads to see what we mean.

That'll make it easier to reshape them.

Let us know how it goes, and always feel free to ask for insight or advice.

You're looking great otherwise!

• Like 1

Thanks guys, will get rid of the return edges. I shortened the staps and my issue was that the bell was forced outwards near the biceps and looked weird. Will try my best and get some pics up this weekend.

I only receives my TK last week but my armor is ready for EIB and I don't have much left for centurion!

Thanks once again!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Hot water bath, then carefully and slowly widen them. I had to do the same thing with mine, i lift weights and my shoulders aren't that narrow.

Take your time, don't use too much force, pun intended, to widen them. Just do it bit by bit.

You can use s heat gun, but you still need to go slowly and carefully so you don't break or split the material.

Will research the hot bath method and see how it's done! Pretty scared of breaking anything as replacements from SDS are pricey! Thanks for your time!!!

You may also want to check with some of your fellow Garrison members. I'm pretty sure someone has experience with this as well.

Will research the hot bath method and see how it's done! Pretty scared of breaking anything as replacements from SDS are pricey! Thanks for your time!!!

Edited by Strength
  • Like 1

Ok, I removed the return edge which was enormous, almost completely, will get some pics up soon!7ec5707ec06b3194806d8b3fb73a712f.jpg

You can see the difference!

PD: I have obviously still not sanded the edge ;)

Edited by TOMALFORD
  • Like 1

How do they fit?

Next mission is July 4th, will be able

To post a pic then because trying it on means nothing as during photocalls I always get my arms moved around! Example from Friday night!d7507a6f7adf06270e2b926b1a1dacd3.jpg

I'm on the left!

Honestly, you look good in the pic! I wouldn't sweat it too much.

Thanks bro, only approved 2 weeks ago, have 2 missions under my belt and really want to push for EIB this week! Just making sure everything is in place so approvers don't waste their time. Thanks for your ongoing support on this thread, it really helps!

Keep posting pics here so you can get the input. Honestly, we're all built differently so no one can fault you or the kit for not fitting perfectly.

Ask one of them casually and see what they say about it.

Thanks bro, only approved 2 weeks ago, have 2 missions under my belt and really want to push for EIB this week! Just making sure everything is in place so approvers don't waste their time. Thanks for your ongoing support on this thread, it really helps!