How do i join?

Can i use fan made stormtrooper armors when i want to join the 501st? Or it has to be only the ones used in the movies? Also how are you eligible to join?

Hi Baraan

I think you find some of your answer here

http://www.501st.com/members/join_how.cfm

Here's is the 501st criteria regarding costumes

Article II - Membership

A. The 501st Legion is an inclusive, equal-opportunity fan club and will not tolerate discrimination on the grounds of sex, race, sexual orientation, or religion. The only requirements for membership are "ownership" of an accurate, complete, and professional-quality costume celebrating the Imperial (Dark Side) characters from the Star Wars films or its expanded universe sources, that the member is able to wear said costume(s) and that the member must be at least eighteen (18) years of age. Membership is granted only after an application is made to the Legion and by a Garrison Membership Liaison (GML) assigned to the prospective member's geographic region. Persons under the age of 18 are not allowed as listed members of the 501st Legion club. The 501st claims no responsibility for minors at events that are hosted or attended by its members.

I think the key word in there is "accurate"

Take a good look around the FISD and I think you'll start to see what the bare basics are and

whats required for 501st standards.

Hope this helps. :)

Hi Baraan

I think you find some of your answer here

http://www.501st.com/members/join_how.cfm

Here's is the 501st criteria regarding costumes

Article II - Membership

A. The 501st Legion is an inclusive, equal-opportunity fan club and will not tolerate discrimination on the grounds of sex, race, sexual orientation, or religion. The only requirements for membership are "ownership" of an accurate, complete, and professional-quality costume celebrating the Imperial (Dark Side) characters from the Star Wars films or its expanded universe sources, that the member is able to wear said costume(s) and that the member must be at least eighteen (18) years of age. Membership is granted only after an application is made to the Legion and by a Garrison Membership Liaison (GML) assigned to the prospective member's geographic region. Persons under the age of 18 are not allowed as listed members of the 501st Legion club. The 501st claims no responsibility for minors at events that are hosted or attended by its members.

I think the key word in there is "accurate"

Take a good look around the FISD and I think you'll start to see what the bare basics are and

whats required for 501st standards.

Hope this helps. :)

I have a full dark trooper armor set, i had it crafted and made by a pro-fan who is experienced in this stuff, when he gives it to me, can i be eligible to join the ranks of the honorable 501sts? I like the stormtrooper brothers and darktrooper brothers.

If it's a black stormtrooper you would join as a TX which is special operations. Contact your local garrison and the local GML as they can answer all your membership questions.

Boss, "Dark Trooper" is the big scary guy from the Dark Forces video games -- not the Shadow Trooper or Blackhole Trooper (both names have been applied to the black Stormtrooper outfit). The actual Dark Trooper is very EU, and not just a recoloured TK. It's a droid with Stormtrooper-inspired armour, not a living being in a suit (although the Phase III Dark Trooper could be worn as an exoskeleton).

Baraan, I'm not sure which you meant. And Terell, I want to make sure you're thinking of the right costume, as far as getting into the Legion goes, before you say for sure yea or nay. :)This is the illustration from the Complete Guide to Droids that shows all three Phases of Dark Trooper.

And Baraan -- don't think you have to have only one costume. ;) I've got eight in the works right now just for me and just for Star Wars. :D

--Jonah