Using glue in the heat

I'm not sure if this has been answered or resolved but, has anyone had trouble with E-6000 in the summer months? More so anyone in the western states. I'm in Arizona and the temps are well above 90°F. Should I wait to glue my arbor until it cools down or chance it with CA Glue? I don't want to wait to glue if i don't have to but, I don't want to mess up my armor. What's my best solution?

I live in CA and have trooped on a few hot days. Using E6000 or CA I've had no problems. If you're familiar with CA glue go for it, just remember redos are almost impossible after assembly, E6000 is much more forgiving.

I've assembled armor in hot weather also using both E6000 and CA. Something to remember is the skin over and cure times drop off with heat, especially dry heat. If you can let your armor cool before assembly that's your best bet, if you can't, be patient but quick. 

• Like 1

I live in CA and have trooped on a few hot days. Using E6000 or CA I've had no problems. If you're familiar with CA glue go for it, just remember redos are almost impossible after assembly, E6000 is much more forgiving.

I've assembled armor in hot weather also using both E6000 and CA. Something to remember is the skin over and cure times drop off with heat, especially dry heat. If you can let your armor cool before assembly that's your best bet, if you can't, be patient but quick.

what do you mean that they drop off? As in get longer or shorter?

what do you mean that they drop off? As in get longer or shorter?

The time it takes for the glue to skin over (not worth using) grows shorter with heat. What takes 1 minute to shin at 70 degrees may take 30 seconds at 100 degrees.

• Like 1

Are you limited to working on your armor outdoors? 3 days last week the temps in my town in California were over 100 degrees. The heat helped to dry the paint on my armor