Fitting armor

Hey, everyone. I just recently got a kit and have no idea where to start. First off I'm a gir, 5'1 so I know it will be hard for me to size and I have never done anything like this before. Although that raises the questions I have. I need to measure and trim. Is measuring something you do first and then trim? Or do i have to trim measure and trim again. The latter seems like a bad idea but when I see videos of people trimming online they never mention measuring anything. So for example, say I'd be trimming the forearms. I go ahead and fit the armor to my forearms, but is their a certain size the armor should look like on the wearer? I hope that makes sense because I don't know how else to explain it.

Hey, everyone. I just recently got a kit and have no idea where to start. First off I'm a gir, 5'1 so I know it will be hard for me to size and I have never done anything like this before. Although that raises the questions I have. I need to measure and trim. Is measuring something you do first and then trim? Or do i have to trim measure and trim again. The latter seems like a bad idea but when I see videos of people trimming online they never mention measuring anything. So for example, say I'd be trimming the forearms. I go ahead and fit the armor to my forearms, but is their a certain size the armor should look like on the wearer? I hope that makes sense because I don't know how else to explain it.

Use blue tape to size the pieces to your body and try to leave at least 1/2" of room between your armor and body suit.

• Like 1

Hello and welcome to FISD.

Firstly, what's a gir...??
What kit make do you have?
You should have a local Garrison/squad to help you with fitting etc....

We do things a little differently down here,..... test fit, trim, test fit, trim... repeat... eventually ya in your own TK kit. Never be afraid of using *beep* loads of masking tape to help getting in the armour prior to gluing.

• Like 2

You should contact your garrison I think they should be happy to help, maybe even have armor building get togethers.  I suggest to always trim larger and then fit with blue tape try it out before making final cuts. Good luck and keep us posted!

I test fit and trimmed my armor several times before I got it to where I could move around relatively freely. There's definitely a process to it.

• Like 1

Oh, and start with an easy piece like the forearms. You'll learn a lot by the time you complete the first glued-up piece and your confidence will go up too. :)

And the answer is here:

http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/25919-dianas-rs-props-build-anh-stunt/

Follow Diana's build. She had the same "short" trooper issues and her progress and build came out masterfull.

she is always willing to give input if you ask as well, but if you follow her build you should have all your questions answered.