E11 Blaster - Ebay Offer Help---Good for 501st and Centurion?

vortex512

As I am beginning to acquire my armor kit and pieces I have been reading forums and searching the web. I found this blaster kit and would love advice on whether I should purchase or not. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Storm-Trooper-Uber-E-11-Blaster-Rifle-Model-Hero-Kit-ANH-Screen-Accurate-Replica-/231925095346?#description

I am aiming for centurion level, so I need to know if this will be approved for 501st and whether it'll be good for my goal? Any and all help would be appreciated! Looking to buy today if looks good.

- Chris W

As I am beginning to acquire my armor kit and pieces I have been reading forums and searching the web. I found this blaster kit and would love advice on whether I should purchase or not. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Storm-Trooper-Uber-E-11-Blaster-Rifle-Model-Hero-Kit-ANH-Screen-Accurate-Replica-/231925095346?#description

I am aiming for centurion level, so I need to know if this will be approved for 501st and whether it'll be good for my goal? Any and all help would be appreciated! Looking to buy today if looks good.

- Chris W

This is a nice looking blaster when finished but not screen accurate. Plus it was a real pain to build because of all the sanding required. Also, it is very fragile and would be destroyed if you dropped it while trooping. I didn't know this until after I had purchased it and built it. You can see my build thread in the ANH E-11 thread. 

I ended up ordering a Hyperfirm Elite E-11 for my approval. Still finishing my armor but getting close to submitting picks.

I'll end up just putting this blaster on display. Like I said, it's very fragile.

That's great advice. Thank you for the heads up on the issues and info on your prior post. I just sent a pm to Hyperfirm for their elite to check on the price. Thanks again!

The elite is most expensive but they have cheaper ones. As far as kits go, DoopyDoo's seem to be most popular. I like the Hyperfirm because they are made for trooping. They're actually made of a hard rubber, but look very realistic. I should have mine in hand soon.

I have that one from eBay. It's over 100 pieces, requires about a million hours of sanding and is a ton of work. I haven't bothered to finish it. I wish I hadn't spent the money and time on it.

• Like 1

Having just tried to put this kit together, I can tell you that unless you are a skilled model builder with careful hands and an attention to detail, do not attempt this kit.  I have broken and reglued several parts and finally gave up.  I bought a B grade resin E11 and I'm using some of the parts from this kit to make it better.  The pieces in this kit look great but take a lot expertise.

I too wish I hadn't spent the money.

Having just tried to put this kit together, I can tell you that unless you are a skilled model builder with careful hands and an attention to detail, do not attempt this kit.  I have broken and reglued several parts and finally gave up.  I bought a B grade resin E11 and I'm using some of the parts from this kit to make it better.  The pieces in this kit look great but take a lot expertise.

I too wish I hadn't spent the money.

Being it was my first time attempting to build and my inexperience with my knowledge of where to get a blaster, I bought it and figured I might as well build it since it was in hand. I also had a lot of pieces that split or delaminated while trying to sand. Very time consuming project that I wouldn't want to do again. And I have 31yrs of working with my hands and tools. I would have rather attempted an aluminum build.

Being it was my first time attempting to build and my inexperience with my knowledge of where to get a blaster, I bought it and figured I might as well build it since it was in hand. I also had a lot of pieces that split or delaminated while trying to sand. Very time consuming project that I wouldn't want to do again. And I have 31yrs of working with my hands and tools. I would have rather attempted an aluminum build.

Seeing yours and everyone's comments, I am glad I checked first. I'll plan on picking up a hyperfirm soon (if able I'll go elite, but the B-Grade sounds like it will be fine). My bank account was hacked this morning, so have to resolve those issues first...But thanks again!

• 2 months later...

Hi, I'm the guy selling these on eBay.  I was shocked to see some of the comments here since I have over 100 troopers using my blaster and can't stop bragging about it.  I think some of the comments here MUST be about my earlier version 1.  The re-design in cooperation with Legion members has negated the complaint that it is not screen accurate.  It is near perfection with only strength considerations in changing dimensions. ie: the rail needed to be thicker not being metal.  It is in no way "fragile."   The changes we made make it the most accurate model out there since we used only reference material found here on this site.  I wish you would go to the ebay Ad and check out my feedback.  Hundreds of glorious adulations can not be wrong, but these guys might be.  In all honesty, it is a lot of work to build my blasters.  But I thought anything worth doing, was worth doing well.  And nothing worth while is ever easy.  It takes me 3 to 4 days to build one so a couple weekends and it should be done, right?  And how many places offer video tutorials on building there products?  I do, on my YouTube channel.  FB E-11 blaster guy

• Like 2

I built his blaster and i agree it's a lot of sanding but the end product is awesome :jc_doublethumbup:  I do have modeling experience from when i was a  kid but it's not that hard!  I can post pictures if need be, but the blaster with the electronics and sound can't be beat! I have even let little children hold it and it has held up to the test so far. I say GREAT product  :peace:

• Like 1

I built his blaster and i agree it's a lot of sanding but the end product is awesome :jc_doublethumbup:  I do have modeling experience from when i was a  kid but it's not that hard!  I can post pictures if need be, but the blaster with the electronics and sound can't be beat! I have even let little children hold it and it has held up to the test so far. I say GREAT product  :peace:

please post pictures

Sell it then Mickey.  They don't last long in my inventory and the one I saw sold here PDQ from a similar members circumstance.  Some people just don't have the talent for building.  If you would have watched the videos on the build you may not have over estimated your skills.  Not trying to be smart, just factual.  Seriously, sell it to someone that will appreciate it.  Lots of troopers do.

Sincerely, Ray

Edited by rayabear
  • Like 1

This blaster meets and exceeds the requirement for Centurion level 3 stated in the CRL. <br><br><br>

It says Folding stock (does not need to function).<br><br>

A real or replica ammo counter - based off of a Hengstler counter - shall be present.<br><br>

D-ring mounted on the rear.<br><br>

Sterling based blasters have the correct M-38 or M-19 style scope.<br><br>

Two power cylinders on the magazine housing.<br><br>

Scratch-built, resin cast, Hyperfirm rubber cast blasters shall have a total of 6 T-tracks on blaster (leaving the lowest row on the magazine housing side uncovered).<br><br>

If using the Hasbro E11 toy blaster, it is modified to have the correct number of T-tracks (6 total), with a lower row of open vent holes on the magazine housing side.<br><br>

This is accomplished by covering the pre-existing rows of holes with T-tracks, then grinding off the lower integrated T-track on the magazine housing side, and drilling a new row of holes in its place.<br><br>

No ESB/ROTJ greeblies are allowed on the blaster.<br><br>

For level three certification (if applicable):<br><br>

Hasbro blasters are not allowed, even conversions. Hope this helps!!!

Edited by silverdollar22