Anovos Helmet

I'm working on getting things together for my Force Awakens TK. I'm on the wait list for the armor from jimmiroquai, but I was really eyeing the helmet that Anovos is offering. The plastic one, not the high-priced fiberglass one.

Considering it was just made available for preorder about a month ago (again, the plastic one), I was wondering what you guys think the wait time will be on it? I'd like to have my armor done by the end of the year, and right now that looks likely for everything else. I've heard some extraordinary wait times for the original FOTK run from last year, where people are just now getting shipping confirmations on some of their parts. Would a 9-month wait really be what's expected? Or something more reasonable like 3-6?

This is all for research purposes. I just like the Anovos helmet's look best right now, but if it will take an insane amount of time for it to get here, I'd just as soon settle for something different/

Just be careful whom you order from on Amazon, as there was at least one seller (who apparently is no longer active) that used Anovos photos to market his product, but what was shipped was very different (and much worse).

Luckily Amazon's service guarantees that the product is genuine or you get your money back. And it seems, especially recently, they've doubled down on their quality control to make sure you get what you pay for. Being a Prime member helps, too.

Definitely weigh out your options before buying from anovos, someone mentioned on their facebook that they pre ordered the helmet sometime last year in spring and it still hasn't arrived for them. Time seems to ellude them

Here is an alternative http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/31986-episode-7-tk-helmets/?hl=dday

Edited by dejango

Trust me, I've been looking at all the options. I skipped over Anovos for my ANH TK for the specific reason that it would have taken a while to get, so it's not like I'm loyal to their brand or anything. What they have going for them is their helmets are among the only ones available taken straight from the original molds. The other ones out there look really good, but when it comes down to it, I just like the Anovos one best.

I ended up buying the one from Amazon. Came out to about $50 cheaper than buying straight from the dealer, and it arrives this Friday on top of that. If it turns out to NOT be legitimate, I'll get my money back, and if it is, then I get a high-quality helmet with no wait.

And it arrived today!

It's 100% Anovos (it even came in the original box, sealed and everything). The mold isn't 100% perfect, but the imperfections are so small that I didn't notice them until looking REALLY closely. The only thing that I actually didn't like was the mic tip wasn't glued on properly and fell off right after I took it out of the box. A quick dab of insta-glue and it was fixed, though, so I can't be mad.

Plenty of room inside for fans and maybe some fun stuff like electronics. I'm hoping to make TR-8R with this, and from what I've seen, it fits the bill. Thanks everyone for your help!

YJezao5.jpg

XfQ3VC3.jpg

SE84eB2.jpg

KwaMV7m.jpg

BPu6WBy.jpg

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Glad it worked out getting it from Amazon. Mine took about a month to arrive from Anovos back in February and I agree that it is a good helmet. Good luck with your build!