rotary tool instead of drill?

not sure where this belongs but am i able to use a rotary tool i got from trooperbay as a drill to drill all the holes i will need making my suit?

thanks, also does zip kicker work with e6000 to make it cure faster, im still waiting on my BBB and just getting some of my nooby questions out of the way

Edited by MrSnrub

A rotary tool, (Dremel) can certainly be adapted to use some standard drill bits.  Unfortunately, Zip-Kicker will not work with a Trooper's best friend, E-6000, Cody.   A lot of new folks want to use CA (super) glue to put their armor together, as they are in a big hurry to get approved and get Trooping.  Nothing wrong with that, of course, but if this is your first TK build, I implore you to stay away from super glue.

I just finished building my 4th set of armor, and I still use E-6000.  CA glue is OK in certain circumstances, but know that it can (and WILL) run.  Getting it off of ABS is more of a pain than you would believe.

E-6000 is used for a reason.  Yes, it takes longer to set.  Yes, it can run. Yes, it smells terrible.  BUT... Building a set of armor is a marathon, not a sprint.  E-6000 is easy to remove.  The fumes are a bonus.  (Just kidding, wear a respirator if you need to). 

Those who build a LOT of armor know how to use CA glue, and are used to it's properties, but my advice to you is to get those rare earth magnets and clamps together, take your time, and when your BBB day arrives, you will be ready to make a set set of armor that will stand the test of time!

• Like 3

A rotary tool, (Dremel) can certainly be adapted to use some standard drill bits.  Unfortunately, Zip-Kicker will not work with a Trooper's best friend, E-6000, Cody.   A lot of new folks want to use CA (super) glue to put their armor together, as they are in a big hurry to get approved and get Trooping.  Nothing wrong with that, of course, but if this is your first TK build, I implore you to stay away from super glue.

I just finished building my 4th set of armor, and I still use E-6000.  CA glue is OK in certain circumstances, but know that it can (and WILL) run.  Getting it off of ABS is more of a pain than you would believe.

E-6000 is used for a reason.  Yes, it takes longer to set.  Yes, it can run. Yes, it smells terrible.  BUT... Building a set of armor is a marathon, not a sprint.  E-6000 is easy to remove.  The fumes are a bonus.  (Just kidding, wear a respirator if you need to). 

Those who build a LOT of armor know how to use CA glue, and are used to it's properties, but my advice to you is to get those rare earth magnets and clamps together, take your time, and when your BBB day arrives, you will be ready to make a set set of armor that will stand the test of time!

thanks for the reply, VERY helpful! i have already got my e6000 i was just watching trooperbays assembely video and it just looked like a huge time saver, i will definately stick to the e6000!

• Like 1

Can you use a dremel to drill holes? Yes. But only 1/8" holes as that's what the chuck holds unless you have a different sized collet or secondary chuck.<br><br>

You generally want different speeds or torque when drilling holes in most things.

Can you use a dremel to drill holes? Yes. But only 1/8" holes as that's what the chuck holds unless you have a different sized collet or secondary chuck.<br><br>

You generally want different speeds or torque when drilling holes in most things.

Actually you can buy chucks that can handle a variety of bit sizes  ;)