Extending ab/cod and fixing armor gaps

I've been looking around for topics on this, but I haven't actually found any answers or helpful information, really.

I'm rather tall and after some test fitting, I have about a 3" gap between the top of my ab plate and the bottom of the chest. I had sorta' anticipated this, so I bought a good amount of extra ABS so that I could attempt to remedy the issue. My initial idea was to separate the cod and ab pieces, then add a few inches of ABS and hide that behind the belt....hopefully I can extend it enough. I'm sure this has been done by other tall troopers, but I haven't seen any images or anything.

Am I going about this wrong, is it just a stupid idea that will never work or am I on the right track? How could I cover up the shim while keeping the belt in an accurate position?

This has all brought another issue to my attention that I would like some input on.

Initial measurements suggest that there will be a fairly extensive gap between my back and kidney plates. Is there a good way to fix this or do I even need to fix it at all? The CRL doesn't seem to say anything except that the back shouldn't overlap the kidney.... Clearly the opposite of my situation.

I'm actually getting unreasonably stressed about these problems. I'm shooting for Centurion, so I want everything to be as "perfectly imperfect" as can be.

Thanks for any help/info you guys can provide!

I've been looking around for topics on this, but I haven't actually found any answers or helpful information, really.

I'm rather tall and after some test fitting, I have about a 3" gap between the top of my ab plate and the bottom of the chest. I had sorta' anticipated this, so I bought a good amount of extra ABS so that I could attempt to remedy the issue. My initial idea was to separate the cod and ab pieces, then add a few inches of ABS and hide that behind the belt....hopefully I can extend it enough. I'm sure this has been done by other tall troopers, but I haven't seen any images or anything.

Am I going about this wrong, is it just a stupid idea that will never work or am I on the right track? How could I cover up the shim while keeping the belt in an accurate position?

This has all brought another issue to my attention that I would like some input on.

Initial measurements suggest that there will be a fairly extensive gap between my back and kidney plates. Is there a good way to fix this or do I even need to fix it at all? The CRL doesn't seem to say anything except that the back shouldn't overlap the kidney.... Clearly the opposite of my situation.

I'm actually getting unreasonably stressed about these problems. I'm shooting for Centurion, so I want everything to be as "perfectly imperfect" as can be.

Thanks for any help/info you guys can provide!

Hey Brian would you mind posting a few pictures from different angles so we have a better idea of what you're trying to describe.

• Like 1

A guy in the Anovos FB group did this. Not sure if you can see it, but here's the link:

----------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed
  • Like 1

I'll take some pictures tonight after I'm off work. I probably should have done that in the first place, sorry!

Regarding the armor make, it's Anovos. I figured an armor gap is an armor gap and the maker didn't matter much. Sorry again for not posting that initially!

Brian- That Facebook post looks almost exactly like what I had planned on doing. Although, I was thinking that I would split the cod piece off a little higher so that the belt would be able to cover where the shim is. That shim looks a little too low.

Edited by Pixelito

Here's the gap between the ab and chest plates that I'm talking about. Sorry for the poor lighting and quality and all that.

I couldn't get any pictures of the gap between the back plate and kidney plate... I'm doing the best I can by myself. :P

2ve6AGt.jpg

ncnINce.jpg