Anzo's late WIP Anovos ANH Stunt. Working those thighs!

Hey all! I'm nearing completion of my Anovos armor and have run into some issues that I'm seeking help on. Ukswrath put me in contact with Haribon72 to help a fellow thunder thigh'd would-be trooper out. We have been PMing but I felt it a good idea to open this up to the community for other trooper blessed with the gift of tree trunk legs.

Save for the rear left thigh needing to be glued, I thought I was nearly done and by the looks of this an untrained eye would say that I am.

Jte6yCyl.jpg7SqUHAhl.jpg

lRDZvzel.jpg

But you all can see that the thighs aren't up to snuff. Once everything was on, I had about as much lower mobility as my sweet 91 year old grandfather! 

Haribon72 said that first thing I should do is remove all the return edges from the thighs. Here they are in their current state.

crrCOlal.jpgweTBUHJl.jpg

So Operation Mobility begins tonight. My checklist of things remaining consists of the following:

-Remove return edges of each thigh and upper shins.
-Install helmet padding system.
-Remove top two fasteners from Anovos belt per CRL.
-Clean up joint connections and coverstrip areas of forearms and thighs.
-Sand down hand guards to fit curvature of hands better.

Is there anything else you all can see that I'm missing and needs work (aside from the TD which I just forgot to wear for the picture)? I also forgot to put on my neck seal. Rookie mistake!

More later...
Edited by Anzo

Thanks Anzo!

I am having the same issue, as I was trying to leave return edges wherever I could/should.

Also had issues with the thigh rear top connections being like a dart in the back if my thigh limiting mobility. What did you do about this?

Thanks for any solutions you have discovered along the way!!

So after removing most (but not all) of the upper and lower return edges they fit MUCH better. Even the shins are a little better too. Here they are in their current state. 

BeReiV0l.jpgnYJ6Nz7l.jpg

UJG581yl.jpgBXsP8Ewl.jpg

As for strapping, I'm using the Anovos supplied system which is a velcro strip that has two button snaps that attach to the interior of the ab piece. Here is how they look after a few adjustments. Ignore that the bucket is riding high. I'm messing with the interior padding and see that I need to change it!

r7HbuvFl.jpgkba6vYel.jpg

The issue I'm running into now is the sniper knee plate. As you can see in full view front pose, the top catches under the bottom return edge when standing and walking and it is impeding my movement. I had my son take a video and you can see that it gives me a slight limp and it causes the left shin to come undone due to catching. Here is a link to the video.

Here is how I have the knee glued down right now. I was trying to get it to align with the ridge in case I wanted to go up to Centurion someday. How does it look? I always imagined that there was more clearance b/w the top of the knee guard and the lower thigh but they are right on top of each other. It sits flush against my knee.

VtjZN4Jl.jpgwvSzl7bl.jpg

He1hJqHl.jpgRESJBULl.jpg

Thoughts?

• Like 1

Hello AJ, the appearance of your sniper knee is good.   You can also use a heat gun and bend the inside armor towards the sniper knee so that you can get more cement action to hold it down.

Thank you again for sharing the HD video on your walk tests.    Very informative to help us out from afar.   :salute: