Advice about calves riding up

After trooping for more than two years with CA boots, I've finally upgraded to some TK boots.

The only issue is that now my calves have started riding up and exposing my shins. I'm considering adding some domes or velcro to both the bootstraps and the inside of the calves to try to resolve this.

Has anyone else experienced this problem before? Any tried/tested solutions or things to avoid?

After trooping for more than two years with CA boots, I've finally upgraded to some TK boots.

The only issue is that now my calves have started riding up and exposing my shins. I'm considering adding some domes or velcro to both the bootstraps and the inside of the calves to try to resolve this.

Has anyone else experienced this problem before? Any tried/tested solutions or things to avoid?

Yep, been there experienced that. There's a few ways you can tackle this.

Make stirrups that go around your feet that snap to the inside of your shins.

Stirrups that connect your boot pull straps to your shins, again via a snap.

My personal favorite is to sew a strip of industrial velcro to the front of my boots then place the other half on the shins.

• Like 3

I have elastic straps that hook on the neck of the boot to the inside of my calves, works wonders, especially if you have to tackle stairs ;)

A great How Too here http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/35329-howto-keeping-tk-shins-in-place/

Edited by gmrhodes13