Dark's 2016 Troop Log

Dark PWF

Last year started strong - on the Troop Report front, and faded quickly.

This year, I'll remain more vigilant in filing the reports. :D

First Troop of the year happened this morning. I was handling for it (as I'm still awaiting my new Drop Boxes so I can assemble my belt and get back in my armor) and it would have been an awesome one to be wearing a bucket for.

We had a Make-A-Wish granting ceremony for a nine year old boy named Parker at a local elementary school. The event was disguised as a Pep Rally, and the local High School cheerleaders and dance squad made an appearance.

Parker battles daily with Diabetes and PTEN hamartoma tumor syndrome, which is a complex series of diagnoses, as well as other medical conditions.

His wish was to go to Disney World and take part in the Jedi Training Academy at Hollywood Studios.

His parents knew that the wish was being granted, but didn't know that we would be appearing, or the whole situation behind the granting of Parker's wish.

Since we were staged in the Gymnasium, the Troops and other characters decided to have a little fun while waiting for the Pep Rally to morph into the MAW program.

IMG_1270_zps69z24qyr.jpg

Edited by gmrhodes13
photo updated
  • Like 8

This looks absolutely awesome. This is the whole reason I'm becoming a stormtrooper and joining the 501st - so I can bring smiles to kids' faces like you and your comrades did. I'm so glad you were able to make Parker happy!

• Like 1