Griff's 2x Anovos TK WIP

Here we go Griff’s Trooper build x 2

So we jumped on the Anovos Trooper wagon We have bought 2 kits and hopefully will have them in hand By Wednesday. I will be building both kits for basic approval One for me and one for my Significant other so any tips and suggestions will be greatly appreciated. Before I start I will be reading WIP’s till my brain in numb and then ask a few questions before I fire up the trimmers.

Here is where I am currently at, I am sure I will add more and update my list periodically. Please comment on anything you know I may need to replace on the Anovos kits and or on the vendors I am thinking about using.

Kits

Anovos Kit – RECIEVED

Boots – TK Boots - RECIEVED

Flexable hand Guards – Trooperbay

Blaster - HFX Props Centurion - RECIEVED

Lens kit – Fenix Props - Question Green or Smoke? 1 kit for testing -Ordered

Aker- TBD

Fan Kit - TBD

Edited by Griff34221
  • Like 1

Here we go Griff’s Trooper build x 2

So we jumped on the Anovos Trooper wagon We have bought 2 kits and hopefully will have them in hand By Wednesday. I will be building both kits for basic approval One for me and one for my Significant other so any tips and suggestions will be greatly appreciated. Before I start I will be reading WIP’s till my brain in numb and then ask a few questions before I fire up the trimmers.

Here is where I am currently at, I am sure I will add more and update my list periodically. Please comment on anything you know I may need to replace on the Anovos kits and or on the vendors I am thinking about using.

Kits

Anovos Kit – Ordered

Boots – Imperial Boots

Flexable hand Guards – Trooperbay

Blaster - Trooperbay

Lens kit – Fenix Props - Question Green or Smoke?

Aker- TBD

Fan Kit - TBD

The lens that come with the anovos is fine to use, you just need to mount them more securely. The accurate are green but to save money just use the anovos.

• Like 1

Thanks! I just read a few post on lens replacement, I know that the Anovos uses velcro in and not mounted well. I saw the screw in style on Fenix but saving a few $$ is always helpful.

Question - what is the best tool for cutting the abs? I have a dremel and a roto zip that I know would do fine but was also thinking of other tools like a Band Saw .. Thoughts?

Question - what is the best tool for cutting the abs? I have a dremel and a roto zip that I know would do fine but was also thinking of other tools like a Band Saw .. Thoughts?

Lexan or RC car body scissors are highly recommended, especially the curved ones are a life/sanity saver.

• Like 1

:) thanks I'll be ordering a pair. Seems like those will also leave a nice edge vs the Dremel. My concern with the Dremel was that it can get a little crazy and zip in it's own direction sometimes and that is a terrifying proposition.. lol

Boots Boots Boots!

Pros and cons on available vendors I am down to

http://www.tkboots.com/

and

http://www.imperialboots.com/product/421/

Also any suggestions on sizing and fit :)

• 2 weeks later...

Box Day again! My lucky week :) Very nice boots here! They said they run narrow order up .. I wear 11ish shoe ordered a 12 and perfect. wife wears 9ish in women's , I ordered a men's 9 and they fit great. These are soft leather and a nice sole, comfortable out of the box.

997B9A0E-157C-4AD0-913F-099157691906_zps

• Like 1

Pulling hard hat liner out of the bucket, picked these up for a better fit. Thoughts on painting the inside. I have seen plasti coat and paint, any advantage one over the other?

8B5FF6E8-A8B8-4B8F-A606-FFC993EA0145_zps

Edited by Griff34221

Thanks Tony! We been super busy the last few weekends and have not started on them yet but we will be following your WIP on these kits. I'll also be ordering the aker hov tip speaker pkg x 2 from you soon too! :)

Edited by Griff34221

Thanks Tony! We been super busy the last few weekends and have not started on them yet but we will be following your WIP on these kits. I'll also be ordering the aker hov tip speaker pkg x 2 from you soon too! :)

No problems just stopped by to see how things were going. Need any help or other you know where to find me :D 

Cheers 

• Like 1