SDS battle spec armour polishing

I currently have a set of SDS battle spec armour. As you may or may not know its is and with a satin finish. Is there anyway to get the finish more glossy by polishing it with something?<br>

Would car polish give it a shinier finish? I don't want to spray paint it. <br>

I already know the arguments about SDS armour so please don't start flaming, the armour is good for my purposes. <br>

Thanks

I currently have a set of SDS battle spec armour. As you may or may not know its is and with a satin finish. Is there anyway to get the finish more glossy by polishing it with something?<br>

Would car polish give it a shinier finish? I don't want to spray paint it. <br>

I already know the arguments about SDS armour so please don't start flaming, the armour is good for my purposes. <br>

Thanks

Hi, I have the same armour. Only tried a small section with Showroom Shine. Kinda worked but not toooo glossy. I've heard Novus polish is good, but i've yet to try it.

maybe requires a little mechanical help (buffer with sheepskin)?

• Like 1

The one on the right looks a lot glossier will have to get some ordered. Did you get it from eBay?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes mate, cost £9.50 delivered for the big 237ml bottle of No.2. Just tried it on the chest plate, which had some little doodle scratches from transit, and it has removed them... Good stuff! I might get a lambswool buffer attachment for the drill and have at it :D

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Any more luck polishing your armour up ?

Hi, yeh, I gave all parts a polish, mostly by hand because of the contours of the armour. I need to buy a smallish buffer attachment for the drill. It wasn't helping my tennis elbow!

Lol. Does it look shinier?

It does. If nothing else, it's cleaner, too! It'll never get as glossy as those acrylic-capped suits but it's much better than before. I did use an improvised contraption on the drill - a backing arbor and some sponge/cloth, and it worked really well on the only part I used it on, which had a few light scratches (chest plate), which is now pretty reflective. You can tell the difference by touch, too. A lot smoother.

On 2/25/2016 at 7:25 PM, falconfour4 said:
Will defiantly get some then

Did you get round to ordering?
I got the Dremel going with a soft buffing wheel and some Novus. Totally forgot to take a 'before' picture in the same light, but the result was really good. Might do this with the entire suit. Hopefully the pic shows the shine?

----------
Some parts could probably do with more buffing.
Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working, removed gmrhodes13 2021