Thighs

i need some help trying to sort my thigh parts, to me they just dont look right, do i glue the fronts and velcro the back or glue both?? cut to my size or just pad em out with foam blocks?? think i need some sortta help as every time i look at them i fill with confusion and dread. They the only real piece's i have left to do now as every thing else has been completed apart from some webbing and snaps .

Advanced thanx

I glued mine front and back. I think you would only want to velcro if you have a problem with taking them on and off.

Before you glue I would do a test fit and just tape and adjust it until you find a fit that works and looks good.

yea the thighs are the biggest pain to work with, especially if you have an FX kit. They are pretty huge. Do what Murray said and use tape to test fit. I glued the fronts of mine, then once cured, i kept pulling them in and taping them till i got a good fit. I then marked it with a china marker crayon thing and put velcro on the back. Then i needed to adjust further, but once i was happy with the fit, i riveted it in place. But you can leave the velcro or glue it as well. Best tip is to try and taper them at the bottom. FX thighs have a tendency to look like barrels. I still think i could take mine in a bit more at the bottom but for now it looks pretty good.

ok i glued the fronts yesterday so hopfully may finish them of today but they just lokk so bad flat at the front instead of being a smooth round effect is it worth try to round then off with a heat gun / hairdryer for a better look (yes its an fx kit)

ok i glued the fronts yesterday so hopfully may finish them of today but they just lokk so bad flat at the front instead of being a smooth round effect is it worth try to round then off with a heat gun / hairdryer for a better look (yes its an fx kit)

That's going to be my next major mod. I have the classic "barrel FX thigh." I want to get my suit approved and then I'm gonna go back and start mod'ing some more.