Magma Build - Help please :-)

Hey everyone,<br><br>

I'm doing my first build ever and I'm starting to get nervous and want to make sure I'm doing this right. Right now I'm cutting the front and back of the helmet. I am going to attach pictures just so maybe you can steer me in the right direction. I was trying to use pandas tutorial. I will say it looks much easier as you look at pics till you actually do it hahah. <br><br>

Just want to make sure I didn't cut too much off or if I need to cut more off. Thanks so much everyone

Before cutting any further, position the faceplate on the bucket and see how it looks. Hold it in place with some tap. Take the ears and position where they will go to get a good idea.

You will be doing a lot of sizing, cutting, sizing, cutting until it sits just right. it's easier to cut off little pieces than trying to put some back on  ;)

Pretty sure he meant tape. I used strong magnets as I didn't have clamps that fit. The idea is something temporary that let you look at it and see what needs to be done for your look.

I wouldn't start the ears until you have the cap and the face married. The way the ears are trimmed can differ when moving the ears even a little. 

Start by establishing your brow position. Make sure your brow trim is installed while fitting the cap to the face. You want it tight fitting across the brow line. Make sure the cap is centered by aligning the front of the temple traps with the upper, outer corners of each eye. 

Drill your center mounting hole on the ear portion of the cap in advance so when you find your desired browline position you can mark it right away. MARK ONE SIDE AT A TIME. After marking and drilling the one side, use a screw and nut to temporarily secure it. With it tightened, pull the brow across tightly and mark the opposite side. Drill and secure that. Check your position and make sure your brow is level across. If not, you can undo the screws and adjust the holes in the face. they will be hidden. Once all is good, then you can rivet everything in place or some makers include a screw. I  suggest installing an extra rivet on the cheek tube to keep things from moving. 

• Like 1

Rocky, Steve (gazmosis) is an expert around here so his insight is gold. I used his tutorial on trimming my ears and I suggest you look at that as well. Otherwise have you looked at Mikes videos on trooperbay.com? That is a good video you can use as guidance as well.

I did register there. I was getting so much help through the other forums that I wasn't even thinking when posted. Just nice because of how many people are on this forum and how helpful everyone is. You don't have to wait more than an hour for a response. <br><br>

Gaz, mutter, panda and everyone has been great. Thank you everyone for all the points and tips