Speaker Mounting

Hi everyone just thought I share an idea of try to mount a speaker behind the frown on my lid to give the impression of the voice coming from my mouth .The speaker will only use the centre two holes leaving the rest for ventilation . Just a couple of questions someone might be able to help with ,not having done any audio stuff before would the way im mounting the speaker in a quite tight space affect the cone movement ,so would I need to to allow vents behind the speaker to help this ,Is one speaker gone to enough its 10 watt .And as its mounted rigth in front of the mouth would a throat mic be the way to go to help with feedback . Many Thanks Andy.

------------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link removed no longer working

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not sure you'll need to open up the back but you will need to take mic placement into account. If sound out of the speaker goes back into the microphone you will have some nasty feedback. Also keep in mind "turning up" the volume will increase the risk of feedback

Sent from my LGLS740 using Tapatalk

I tried the same sort of setup, also hovi speakers, lots of feedback with both. In the end I find it clearer and easier to just use an aker amp, only have to run the microphone down to the amp, nothing in the helmet except fans.

Yeah cheers for the advice ,feedback is my big worry mounting it like this ,I've heard of people using throut mics and thought this might work ? but never seen one in use , has anyone tryed one ? As for the fit it's quite tight if you stick your lips right out you can touch the speaker mounting .