Trooper helmet!

Hi all I'll start by introducing myself I'm Paul!<br><br>

My apologies in advance if this post puts a bee in anyone's bonnet but I have had a look through topics and read through all the pages on a couple I thought might answer my question but I haven't found any as of yet.<br><br>

At the beginning of this month I ordered a storm trooper helmet from Jedi-robe, I'd looked at a couple of sites and the right up on this one seemed really impressive! I purchased it to put in a display cabinet with the first order helmet I've ordered from Anovos! But then I started to look into armour as I'd like to wear it to conventions and from there I read about 501st which also appeals to me! Giving me an excuse to wear it and do charity at the same time. Unfortunately I then came across a post on Google from here warning of the poor quality of armour from Jedi-robe!<br><br>

LONG STORY SHORT!!!<br><br>

I have read of how poor quality the armour is but I can't find anything on the helmet?! Is the helmet acceptable for 501 standards if I were to purchase the armour from somewhere recommended on this forum? I haven't got the helmet yet so I can't really see the quality for myself<br><br>

Many thanks and sorry again if I upset anyone

This is what they're claiming the helmet looks like... Even says "EXACTLY AS SHOWN IN PICTURES" which to me looks pretty good no? But obviously what they're claiming and what turns could be completely different! I'll just have to wait and see. At least if it isn't right it shouldn't be too hard to return it, I can say that it's false advertising because it doesn't look anything like the photos.

post-27063-0-62376600-1453245699_thumb.jpeg

post-27063-0-57974700-1453245719_thumb.jpeg

post-27063-0-66384000-1453245765_thumb.jpeg

I have not met many people who were satisfied with their wares. Maybe 1 or 2, and they never made it into the Legion. For the price, you could have picked up something much better and closer to the mark. But, let us know how things turn out.

Don't be sorry about upsetting anyone here.  From my experience, everyone on this forum has been awesome to me and are always here to provide as much help/education to you as possible.

I have this helmet and can say for certain it's not up to 501st standards.  It's a nice helmet, but if 501st acceptance/standards is what's important to you then I would reconsider/return the helmet.  It's important you don't open the box or anything at all for them to accept your return. 

Edited by spyder560
  • Like 1

Spyder560 do you have other helmets as well as?<br><br>

Originally it was only for myself to display and occasionally wear if I get amour as well, not even sure if I'll buy the imperial armour or wait for the first order gear as I have both helmets on order. It's only been the last couple of days that I've been aware 501st exists and thought "haha that's pretty awesome, I'd like to do that" but realistically I'm not sure how much time I could devote to it and would have to look into it more.<br><br>

If it's nice enough to keep and display I'll probably do that and if need be and I decide I do want to join the 501st I'll buy another one.

Edited by Wannabetrooper22

• 2 weeks later...

Hey. Don't be too hard on yourself man.

If you like the look of it have at it and put it on the display.

Honestly, most armour kits you buy from our vetted vendors come with, or have the option to: get a helmet.

PERSONALLY. I would beg for a return but that's me. My reason? Simple. The kit I'm doing up now will be on a full size mannequin when not in use. So I get a life size Stormtrooper to guard my house. I can then take it off, wear it myself and troop with it. So I get he best of both worlds! An awesome display and a tool to bring joy to little Star Wars fans (okay, adults love it too!) at all sorts of events.

Ultimately it's your decision but trust me when I say that trooping with the 501st will be worth every penny.

And if you decide to make that plunge. There's a flurry of experienced and compassionate members here who will help you with that quest.

-Justin

Edited by C0bra_M3nace

It's only been the last couple of days that I've been aware 501st exists and thought "haha that's pretty awesome, I'd like to do that" but realistically I'm not sure how much time I could devote to it and would have to look into it more.

Just on this, once you're approved, you only need to do one troop a year to keep your membership current. However, I can pretty much guarantee once you do one troop you will find yourself making time to do more. Moving family birthday arrangements around so they fit in with troops, organising days out so 'coincidentally' there is a troop close by... Edited by Scotty33